Top Cat
Purraise
Is that how you spell it rare puss?
because im looking it up adn i cant find it! it just comes up with firearms

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I use the Venus as I have not cut myself once since I started to use it. Of course we could have a whole thread devoted to frequency of shaving.
However the unibrow on my face gets waxed.

misscharlotte

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I haven't used a razor for almost 2 years!!! I finally switched to an epilator and love it!! I really got tired of shaving every other day and also accidently cutting myself with razors while "attempting" to shave. I know people think epilators must hurt because they yank the hair out by the root, but I really think it doesn't hurt unless you've got some super, thick tough hair.

gilly

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I hate shaving and waxing as I get ingrown hairs
I also find shaving such a bore but yeah, it's nice when my legs feel smooth afterwards.

I use Venus Devine

fwan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
people used to think i was crazy for using the epilator under my arms...
but its not good for my legs coz i get ingrowns quick same with waxing
nothing is good for my legs!

and yes i have super thick hair on the rest of my body but not my head!

gilly

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh yeah, I did own an epilator but gave it away. I was far too chicken to use it! hee

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by fwan

have any of you ever tried electrocuting your hairs???
My Neighbour worked at a beautisalon and she said that some women come and get their hairs electrocuted and it takes about 2 years + for the hairs to grow back...
But it takes a while, it takes 2 appointments to finish both legs
most salons here have "electrolysis" - is that what you mean Fwan?

fwan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Yosemite

most salons here have "electrolysis" - is that what you mean Fwan?
oopps
yes
Gawsh! im soo stupid at times!! HAHAHAHAH

pinkdaisy226

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by MissCharlotte

I haven't used a razor for almost 2 years!!! I finally switched to an epilator and love it!! I really got tired of shaving every other day and also accidently cutting myself with razors while "attempting" to shave. I know people think epilators must hurt because they yank the hair out by the root, but I really think it doesn't hurt unless you've got some super, thick tough hair.
What are you trying to say about my hair?! I used to use an epilator when I was younger, as my mother didn't believe in shaving. Still doesn't. I hated that thing, I remember crying while using it. After that she started sending me to get my legs waxed and that hurt too. So then I snuck around and bought my own razors.

I'd love to look into a wet/dry shaver but I'd probably get one that wasn't so good, knowing my luck.

fwan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
why doesnt your mother believe in shavers but in epilators and waxers?

misscharlotte

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by pinkdaisy226

What are you trying to say about my hair?! I used to use an epilator when I was younger, as my mother didn't believe in shaving. Still doesn't. I hated that thing, I remember crying while using it. After that she started sending me to get my legs waxed and that hurt too. So then I snuck around and bought my own razors.

I'd love to look into a wet/dry shaver but I'd probably get one that wasn't so good, knowing my luck.
I had no idea about your prior experience when I made my post. Sorry to hear you don't like epilators. They're not for everyone. All I know is when I use my epilator the sensation feels more like a massage than a strong, shooting pain. When I use it, it's always after bathing. The hairs pull out easier. It's a $25 Remington model I bought at Kmart.

pinkdaisy226

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by MissCharlotte

I had no idea about your prior experience when I made my post. Sorry to hear you don't like epilators. They're not for everyone. All I know is when I use my epilator the sensation feels more like a massage than a strong, shooting pain. When I use it, it's always after bathing. The hairs pull out easier. It's a $25 Remington model I bought at Kmart.
Maybe that's where I was going wrong... I used it before taking a bath/shower. Hmm...

Fwan... I have no idea. I think my mom still believes that myth that if you shave, your hair will grow back thicker.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

golden_moon_luv

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by pinkdaisy226

Maybe that's where I was going wrong... I used it before taking a bath/shower. Hmm...

Fwan... I have no idea. I think my mom still believes that myth that if you shave, your hair will grow back thicker.
Well when I shaved, my hair grew back thick and black looking, BLAH. My mom tried to get me to change my mind at first. I always cut my legs everytime. It was just the way my leg was.

Ashley

sharonkay

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I just wanted to say that because of this thread I went to the site and ordered my free razor and it just came in the mail yesterday---OMG it is the BEST thing ever!!!

(sorry, just had to share!)

fwan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
ohh did i mention that i used to use the epilator under my arms, i used to love the feeling of the hairs being yanked out lol!!!!!!!!!
now my epilator is broken though!

sylorna

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Kiwideus

I got my free razor the other day and I love it too!
I've found with their razors that my hair gets caught up in the little wires that coat them. Perhaps I have monster hairs though

Any downsides that you ladies have experienced with them?

kiwideus

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
My hairs are ultra fine so thats probably why I dont have any problem - Jake thinks I dont need to shave my legs as you cant see the hairs but you know, I know they are there and I gotta shave them!