why do they insist on using the CORNER of the litter box?

alikeith

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I have a booda dome and a regular covered litter box. The booda dome seems to work well with contolling odor. I dont have the steps.

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Renovia

Stoli and Luxor never use the middle of the litter box. they always pee and poop in the corners of the box which makes it nearly impossible to scoop up in one clump.....AND they dig all the way down to the bottom of the box which makes it even harder to scoop....

any suggestions? sympathy?
i have sympathy/empathy. Chip is a corner pee-er. Mouse was, too.

beandip

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Same here, all I can offer is sympathy. I may try the oil/pam trick. I hadn't thought of that.

Paisley is my problem peer. She not only likes the corners but she prefers to partially stand up. An 8 inch deep rubbermaid tub is not quite enough to always keep it contained.

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by beandip

Same here, all I can offer is sympathy. I may try the oil/pam trick. I hadn't thought of that.

Paisley is my problem peer. She not only likes the corners but she prefers to partially stand up. An 8 inch deep rubbermaid tub is not quite enough to always keep it contained.
Pixel stands with her front legs on the back of the littermaid collection tub, & doesn't really squat at all. but she's centered beautifully!

jpawz

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Frodo: My perfect pee-er, a round mound every time, dead center.

Kowe & Roo: Corner mounds (but clean up isn't an issue)

Caesar & Grayboy: *SIGH* These guys are my random-lift-my-butt&tail-and-spray-back & sides-of-box-so-that-even-hood-doesn't contain-stream-it-will-roll-along-the-rim-and-leak-out-crevice-pee-ers.

I'd take corner mounders ANY DAY over back&side splashers!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

renovia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
these are great ideas everyone. i'll look into the booda dome. i hadn't thought about pam in the corners.....does it get on their paws when they scratch to the bottom?????

jenny1124

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I have the booda dome, and yes, I think it helps with odors. It also helps keep her from kicking litter all over outside the box.

She uses the edges of the litter..where the corners might be.. LOL! I have no idea ..

juliekit

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Ceci almost always goes in the front corner of her hooded litterbox. If she goes once, she will go twice (or more) and when I come home to do the afternoon scooping there is a HUGE chunk of clumped litter. Its amazing she can produce that much!