Why Do I Only Like the EXPENSIVE things?

emily_325

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Talking about expensive purses, just be glad you don't live in L.A. Last time I was looking for a new one hubby and I went down to the nearest outdoor mall and went in Nordstrom (our first mistake) and I picked up the prettiest bag I've seen in a while. $1,200.00!!!

It's just a purse. It's not jewel encrusted or anything. SHEESH. Needless to say we left it there. That purse was a whole month's rent. I bought a cheapie knock off at a kiosk.

shengmei

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have EXTREMELY, EXTREMELY expensive taste, but very little money. Over the years I managed to develop some mental exercises for myself that train my eyes to only look at bright red 75% off clearance signs, and emotionally/ psychologically ignore everything else.

It is not easy, but nowadays I won't even look at things that are not on clearance. I am that strict.

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Jenny82

Maybe you can save up...or get your bf (John right?) to get you one for the holidays
Me & a friend are actually going to an outlet store today where they sell them MUCH cheaper!

If I can't find anything there, I'm going to put it on my wish list for Christmas

lisalee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I certainly don't have this problem. I'm so unmaterialistic it's not funny. Expensive things just do not impress me at all. Well okay, maybe when I was much, much younger they did. Give me a $20 purse at Target anyday and I'm one happy girl! It saves me lots of money too.

hopehacker

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I want a Louie V purse. I can't afford one of those, even on ebay prices. I have Tiffany taste on a K-Mart budget.

shengmei

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think buying expensive shoes are worth it. I have a pair of Ralph Lauren shoes that lasted more than three years, and I wear them everyday (even though I got them 90% off, LOL).

However, I cannot buy stuff like expensive furniture or expensive purses. Even if they last forever, I cannot buy them. The theft problem in my neighborhood is problematic.....Practically they steal anything that is not nailed down.

Also, I visit my mother in Chinatown, Houston. I try to limit myself to once a month because her neighborhood is horrible. Practically anyone I know there had been robbed at gunpoint at least once. No expensive purses for me.