Why do I even ask?

lookingglass

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
DH and I were at a stop light today, and he was looking out into the woods with this quizzical look on his face. I asked him what he was thinking about. He said "I was thinking that it would be cool to run out into the woods, find a stick, and pretend that it was a sword. Then we could play king of the mountain. You would be my princess that I would be saving from a dragon."

He turned away and smiled. All I could do is laugh. I guess I have to come to terms with the fact that I married a 12 year old wrapped into a 30 year old's body.

phenomsmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Nope you just married a guy!! Atleast yours isn't thinking racing all the time! Lee will make car noises anytme any place!

alaynna

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Lol....that is funny.. I think I would burst out laughing if Jason said that!

But hey at least he thinks of you as a princess!!

Jason will make all these goofy quotes from movies all the time...sometimes at the most random time.

Like if you have seen over the hedge, Hammy the crazy squirrel says a line "But I like the cookie" and its really funny...Well Jason and I were sitting in the car yesterday and he just randomly looks over at me and says "But I Like the cookie" in a little baby's voice....it was funny

emily_325

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My husband left at 5 AM this morning to drive down to San Diego and go to Comic-Con, a week long convention for comic book and science fiction geeks. Trust me, they never grow up.

He reassured me he is going "for work", which he is...his company is sending him to help run a booth, but work did not require him to leave the apartment with his hardbound Batman comic in hopes of having his favorite artist sign it. Silly men.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

lookingglass

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by emily_325

My husband left at 5 AM this morning to drive down to San Diego and go to Comic-Con, a week long convention for comic book and science fiction geeks. Trust me, they never grow up.

He reassured me he is going "for work", which he is...his company is sending him to help run a booth, but work did not require him to leave the apartment with his hardbound Batman comic in hopes of having his favorite artist sign it. Silly men.
My husband and I were going to go out to that ComicCon next year for vacation. LOL!

emily_325

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by lookingglass

My husband and I were going to go out to that ComicCon next year for vacation. LOL!
I'm sure my husband will be there next year too. This is his third year going, and as long as his company keeps paying him to go I'm sure he'll happily oblige.

It's fun though. I went for the weekend last year and wandered around and enjoyed myself. San Diego is BEAUTIFUL too. It manages to be really urban and clean at the same time.

Anyway, you guys will have a blast.

kaleetha

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
My fh plays D&D, so him slipping into "high fantasy mode" isn't unusual for him... or me for that matter. We end up quoting our favorite characters from the games we've played and re-enacting memorable scenes over and over again.

Since we're ballroom dancers... we have to practice. So we end up dancing in grocery store lines and while waiting for seats in resturants.

emily_325

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Kaleetha

Since we're ballroom dancers... we have to practice. So we end up dancing in grocery store lines and while waiting for seats in resturants.
That sounds so romantic...

purrpaws

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I got dragged to last year's Comic-Con. It was ok; it was kind of cool to wander among the booths and see what was for sale, and I got a couple hand drawings of "The Tick."

The next day, we went to the zoo, which I loved!

mirinae

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My boyfriend has it all planned out for how he and I will survive being attacked by zombies, so maybe it is a guy thing ...? (Then again, I play D&D, and my cats are named for characters from Buffy: The Vampire Slayer, so who am I to judge?) Perhaps being a cat-lover entitles us to a certain level of eccentricity?

lookingglass

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Mirinae

My boyfriend has it all planned out for how he and I will survive being attacked by zombies, so maybe it is a guy thing ...? (Then again, I play D&D, and my cats are named for characters from Buffy: The Vampire Slayer, so who am I to judge?) Perhaps being a cat-lover entitles us to a certain level of eccentricity?
You know, my husband just bought the Zombie Survival Guide, and has asked me to read it. Is this a rational fear that men have? I suppose we should worry about the great zombie invasion of 2007!

emily_325

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

You know, my husband just bought the Zombie Survival Guide, and has asked me to read it. Is this a rational fear that men have? I suppose we should worry about the great zombie invasion of 2007!
Did you know that the guy that wrote that is Mel Brooks' son? I went to a live taping of a show that interviewed Mel and he introduced his son who was sitting in the audience and started talking about his book. Sounds like something his son would write though.

lookingglass

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Did you know that the guy that wrote that is Mel Brooks' son? I went to a live taping of a show that interviewed Mel and he introduced his son who was sitting in the audience and started talking about his book. Sounds like something his son would write though.
If this gives you any indication of how our relationship works this is the question I asked on our first date: You are fighting a pack of zombies and you have only two choices of weapons a flamethrower or a sling shot. Which one do you use and why? Keeping in mind there is only ONE correct answer that I am looking for.

He got it right. I always said I'd marry the man who could give the correct answer to that question, and I did.

lookingglass

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
A sling shot. If you use the flamethrower then you have flaming zombies and have doubled your problem.

emily_325

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You guys are hilarious. Although I have to admit...flaming zombies would be bad. Have you seen "Shaun of the Dead"? Awesome zombie comedy. Had me rolling on the floor laughing. I might have to go home and watch that one tonight...

lookingglass

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

You guys are hilarious. Although I have to admit...flaming zombies would be bad. Have you seen "Shaun of the Dead"? Awesome zombie comedy. Had me rolling on the floor laughing. I might have to go home and watch that one tonight...
Oh I could write a book about the quirky relationship that we have. Here's another story. When we were first dating I lived in the apartment from hell. One of its many problems is that it had NO lighting what so ever. So I went out to goodwill and bought some lamps for like a dollar. Well DH hated the fact that we had little to no light in our living room. So his first gift to me as my boyfriend was a lamp. So was the second. So was the third. Now after I received the third lamp I made a rule that he was no longer allowed to buy me things that plugged in. We've stuck to that for the last seven years.

satai

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

I've seen that! It's actually a really practical guide, with a lot of applicability to generally catastrophic scenarios.

lunasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

DH and I were at a stop light today, and he was looking out into the woods with this quizzical look on his face. I asked him what he was thinking about. He said "I was thinking that it would be cool to run out into the woods, find a stick, and pretend that it was a sword. Then we could play king of the mountain. You would be my princess that I would be saving from a dragon."

Thank you so much for that laugh!!!

You know, in a way I'm kind of envious...B would never say that and if I said something like that I'd get accused of being a dork by him.