Why did you join TCS?

jezmondo69

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
i found the site in a google search, after deciding i was sick of the usual car owner forums and stuff.

im very proud of my cat and i love her to bits so i wanted to talk to others who would share my feelings.

i was particularly interested to find your nearly all from the usa so that makes it extra interesting for me.

caprice

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I joined because I was desperate to find ways to help Mittens lose weight. When we got him in Jan. 2003, he weighed 25 pounds...now he is a pretty healthy 14 pounder
We still have a few to go, but he is doing much better!!!!!

katachtig

Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
I found the site via Google right after we got Carly. She was peeing in the dining room and while I did have a solution (move the litter box back from the bathroom to the extra bedroom), I wanted to see what I could do if that didn't work. That was June 2005 and we've had Carly almost 4 years now.

I've also received a lot of support with Much's weight loss and Lucy's bladder problems.

carolina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Wildflower79

Having never owned a cat before I spent the next several months after getting Gizmo doing internet searches. At some point I stumbled upon TCS. I found the information here to be very helpful and the people to be quite friendly so after lurking around for a bit, I finally joined.
I love it here!

Oh, with one difference from the post above: I have had cats all my life... I guess just not the proper way

miagi's_mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I joined to learn more about cats and their behavior since Miagi and Tiger are my very first cats.

snake_lady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I joined TCS the day I got my Kizmet

I had gotten him on a Tues, but had been browsing for resources since the weekend.

I came across this board amongst others, and it seemed to be quite like how I run my own board/groups, as well as it seemed the most active out of the forums I saw.

THe activity level is what drew me in for the most part. I like forums that are "busy". Instead of forums where you may never get a question answered or it may take a while. This site, pretty much within hours, you can expect a response.

I've made one very good friend already, and a couple more friends
which is always an added bonus
I'm hoping to be able to get to know others as time goes by.

I think I'll be staying with this forum.

baloneysmom

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I found TCS when I Googled Advantage for my cats. I didnâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]t trust anything that was a liquid that seeps into skin and wanted some more information since the Veterinary swore by this product. I ended up finding a lot more information then I could ever imagine and finding a wonderful bunch of folks who actually cared if my babies did something cute that day lol.

sillyjilly

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I started searching because I wanted to know if it was normal and safe that Kitters loves to eat Rose Petals, and she loves broccoli! I joined because I am a cat finatic and have been addicted ever since!

rahma

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
When the husband finally conceded and said we could get a cat, I immediately started looking for forums. I like the forum media for socializing and finding out information. Plus, my cat loving friends were getting a bit tired of me emailing them 5 times a day asking questions

tari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I found TCS back when I adopted Forest and I was looking for information on his condition. Forest has cerebellar hyperplasia, and even vets have woefully little knowledge of the condition. I was trying to learn more about it and how I could help improve his quality of life with his disability. In my search I found the Floppy & Friends site, which is about another cat with CH, and they had a link here! I initially joined because it was a great resource for a wealth of cat-related information...I became addicted to it because of all the really great people.

emrldsky

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I belonged to another forum for cats, but due to some really sketchy drama and backstabbing, I looked for a new place to call home. I had a friend who was a member here who suggested I give it a shot and I've been here since.

littleraven7726

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I can't remember why I joined.
I've been a member for a while though. This and one other cat site are my 2 all time faves. The moderation here is really good, and there's no flaming or piling on type behavior. I've been on other sites where members aren't so nice.

twokatz

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I found it in my search for information on TF and chronic diarrhea.

consumerkitty

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
A stray cat with fleas, bloating and a badly infected eye showed up meowing outside my office door. It was Jan 5 2005. I knew nothing about cats. Besides taking him to the vet I googled for cat care information and found this site. I joined about a month later.

2dogmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I joined because I needed help - the cat I had just adopted had gotten out and was lost. I got some great advice and people didn't beat me up too badly even though I deserved it.

yayi

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Had some questions about my 3 cats. I went to other pet sites but they were not very friendly or helpful and too localized. TCS was perfect.

kittkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by SwampWitch

I joined to find like-minded people to hang out with.

After I joined though, I wasn't very active due to WebTV issues. When Winchester was diagnosed with the dry form of FIP, I lurked more at first to see what I could find out regarding FIP, then became more active again after getting the computer.

zoeysmom

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
When Zoey got sick, I started searching the net for information on FIP and all other things that could cause her symptoms. I first posted on a Canadian pet site, but no one responded (the board was pretty slow). So, I then came across this one and posted. For the first while, I pretty much only checked out the Health and Nutritian forum, but once Zoey passed away, I started venturing into other parts of the site.

I liked learning about cats, as I had never owned a cat before Zoey. I feel that I am a better cat owner because I have read so much about cats and people's experiences with them.

I also think it has made me a bit paranoid, but I'd rather be paranoid than ignorant.