Why am I the black sheep of the family??

ttmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It sounds like your Dad has issues. You need to find a substitute for your family and don't let them bother you anymore. Just realize that this is the way they are and don't expect anything more from them. If you get along with your inlaws I'd suggest making them your familial focus. You don't need to keep getting hurt like this so change your expectations. It's hard to do, but it does make things better in the long run.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

ashleigh

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Just want to say a big thankyou to you all, I'm not one to usually spill my guts out loud, but I so needed that rant the other night! I appreciate your kind words, it meant so much.
I didn't tell Alan as I would normally, he would have cancelled his trip to London and I didn't want his nan being let down, so I was so greatful to you all.

flisssweetpea, I support Millwall, as I was born and bred in London and have only lived here 9 months.

TTMom, my mother in law is a bit like my dad! she doesn't really have much contact with Alan,I or our daughter, but his nan! she is a walking Angel and we love her to bits, I am very close to her

flisssweetpea

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Ashleigh

Just want to say a big thankyou to you all, I'm not one to usually spill my guts out loud, but I so needed that rant the other night! I appreciate your kind words, it meant so much.
Come and vent to us anytime
I'm glad you feeling better now.

f
Originally Posted by Ashleigh

lisssweetpea, I support Millwall, as I was born and bred in London and have only lived here 9 months.
I support Leicester - we're in the same league!! Bit of rivalry between our teams though isn't there with the Dennis Wise connection!

Ashleigh said:
TTMom, my mother in law is a bit like my dad! she doesn't really have much contact with Alan,I or our daughter, but his nan! she is a walking Angel and we love her to bits, I am very close to her
Alan's nan sounds like my in-laws. They treat me like a daughter and would do anything for me, and I for them. I bet you have a really good relationship with your daughter - the one thing about poor family relationships elsewhere - it does show you how not to do it!!!

huggles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I have just caught this thread

so glad that you had some people on here to chat with and get it all off your chest

we are all here for you whenever you need it - and you can always pm me or anyone else for that matter

chin up my friend

jennyr

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My Dad and I didn't speak for over a year, and then he began to gradually come round. I know I was a tearaway as a teenager and never did the things he wanted me to do. But even now I have done something with my life I still can't get through to him. I have never felt I pleased him in any way, whereas he is always praising my brothers and sister. Families are like that - I don't htink he even realises he does it - he just doesn't think of me or how I feel. If I call home he just says Hallo and gives me straight to my mother. I just see him when it is appropriate and I am in the UK, and the rest of the time I enjoy the love of my daughter and my friends, both online and offline. Sometimes you can't win.