Who's their daddy?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

zoeysmom

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
That picture really cracks me up! The one with the skewch's 2 in bed together. It looks illicit.

Mews2much, perhaps it would be easier if you posted a family tree type of list for us! I'm a little confused by the multiple posts/descriptions)

Mom (in brackets, list parents) X Dad (in brackets, list parents)
(List kittens below)

If someone is unknown, just state "Unknown". It seems you have photos of most, so you could insert photos in there too!

Sorry, I can't be much help at the moment. My knowledge is still pretty limited. Perhaps if I come back a little later in the day (it's 7:30 right now, my brain usually starts functioning around 9), I will be more help!

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Skech - In order to get a calico, you need a red and a black gene - one from each parent (and at least one parent has to be carrying white too).

So your calico could have:

Mom - calico herself, black or red (with or w/o white for both colors) and
Dad - Red or Black (with or w/o white).

As long as you pick up a red gene and a black gene you get a tortie/calico

As far as the OP - if you have red or cream females, then dad IS a red/cream and if they are males, then dad can be red or he can be black/blue.

Since you got one blue the dad is either a dilute carrier like mom is or he's blue or cream.

What's the sexes of the red/cream kittens?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

zoeysmom

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by GoldenKitty45

What's the sexes of the red/cream kittens?
All the kittens in the litter were females. Dad must be a dilute carrier as well as mom.

Since there are no males and 3 red females, I think it's certain that dad is red. Makes perfect sense since mom's owner said there was a red male hanging around.

I have no problem with folks "hijacking the thread." My question has been answered, let's figure out some more daddies! (or possible kitties)

marianjela

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by zoeysmom

I have no problem with folks "hijacking the thread." My question has been answered, let's figure out some more daddies! (or possible kitties)

a woman after my own heart!

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes, if the red/creams are female, then dad is a red. And only if mom was a LH carrier would they be longhairs, if dad was a red longhair.