Who's Emily's mommy, me or my little man Bailey?

browneyes106

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by kittylover4ever

Of course your right.....but I'm still not sure I could even get in that mindset.........
It took me awhile to get in that mindset. You have to see yourself as a teacher and the kittens and cats as pupils. When I fostered kittens and cats I worked them with them to make them more sociable I would prep them for living in various sizes of homes and often I would bring in children to help get them used to kids. I usually took in foster kittens without moms at 4 weeks old and I would take into foster kittens with moms too. The kittens were usually adopted out at 10 weeks. From the moment I got them in my home I would set their graduation date at the time of their releases to be put up for adoption. I would set plans for litter training, play training, socialization, different food introductions and after the tasks were completed I rewarded each kitten and once I found out if homes were found I would hold their "graduations" by buying them a new collar, bed, and toy for them to take to their new homes.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kittylover4ever

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by browneyes106

It took me awhile to get in that mindset. You have to see yourself as a teacher and the kittens and cats as pupils. When I fostered kittens and cats I worked them with them to make them more sociable I would prep them for living in various sizes of homes and often I would bring in children to help get them used to kids. I usually took in foster kittens without moms at 4 weeks old and I would take into foster kittens with moms too. The kittens were usually adopted out at 10 weeks. From the moment I got them in my home I would set their graduation date at the time of their releases to be put up for adoption. I would set plans for litter training, play training, socialization, different food introductions and after the tasks were completed I rewarded each kitten and once I found out if homes were found I would hold their "graduations" by buying them a new collar, bed, and toy for them to take to their new homes.
That's the way to think......

xocats

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Awwwwwwwww does not cover how precious Bailey and Emily are together.

Wonderful photos Susie.

kittylover4ever

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by sharky

Awww... Bailey is such a good boy
He is starting to get up and walk away from her when she tries to nurse.......I think his nippies are getting sore.....

myfamiliars

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

He is starting to get up and walk away from her when she tries to nurse.......I think his nippies are getting sore.....
Aw, motherhood is hard, isn't it, Bailey? I hope you are giving him extra treats to keep his strength up.

kittylover4ever

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by myfamiliars

Aw, motherhood is hard, isn't it, Bailey? I hope you are giving him extra treats to keep his strength up.
Instead of extra treats, I think he needs extra teats!

kittylover4ever

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, Bailey is putting a stop to the nursing..........he still baths her from head to toe, but when she goes in for the nippy, he hisses at her.....

myfamiliars

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Well, Bailey is putting a stop to the nursing..........he still baths her from head to toe, but when she goes in for the nippy, he hisses at her.....
He's been a good mama and weaning her. Now, we need some pics.