who would you like to meet for dinner.

lunasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Jarvis

OMG! That reminded me...i once saw a video of him off camera...SO WERID!!! He is completely different!
Really? Too bad. I just liked that he made a bet last year with a mayor of some Canadian town over a hockey game. There is now a "Steven Colbert Holiday" offiicially named in that town: http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/16842683

Originally Posted by Sibohan2005

lunasmom: Oh... Definately Orlando Bloom!!
We can share

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Rev. Billy Graham - always admired him.

Whoopie Goldberg, Robin Williams, Red Skelton (tho he's dead now)- are great comedians

Jeff Durham - he's a really great ventriliquist - you have to do a search on Metacafe for his stuff - he's reallyyyyyyyy funny.

Prince - had a secret crush on him and he IS from Minneapolis

David Selby - another crush - he's the "werewolf" from Dark Shadows

Didn't include Jesus Christ because I'm planning on meeting him in person in HIS house

arlyn

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I can't think straight.
Every time I see this thread, it makes me wonder who I'd like to eat for dinner.

sweets

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by lunasmom

Queen Guinevere - so we know if King Arthur truly exists.
I would add Arthur and Lancelot to Guinevere. Arthur was the strongest king and Lancelot was the most wonderful knight. I'd love to meet all 3.

Don Juan. I want to find out if the reputation was true.

Marlon Brando. One of the strangest yet talented actors.

Clara Barton. the woman had an inspirational life! She did so many firsts!

lunasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oooo!!! I'll add one more:

Sarah Winchester (the woman who built the Winchester Mystery House)

oscarsmommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The first person that comes to mind is my grandpa. We were very close and he passed away almost 8 years ago. I haven't been out to AZ to have any closure and I still cry about him a lot.

duchess15

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Benjamin Franklin - wrote a book, discovered electricity and was well known for many other amazing achievements

Jane Austen - her books are classics and the language back then was more respectful and they had a lot of class (they could get their point across intelligently)

Amadeus Mozart - was a child genius in composing music and one of the most recognized music composers of all time

Albert Einstein - one of the most brillant minds that ever existed and someone who really knew how to "think outside the box"

Adolf Hitler - to understand why he did what he did, and why he went to Germany instead of staying in Austria

Oma (grandmother) - who died one year before I was born

Princess Diana - She wasn't perfect, but she did inspire others and was never afraid to help someone because of their illness

Josh Groban - one of the most talented pop-opera singers of our time. He is also very down to earth and does raise money for charities for HIV+ children in africa. He is an inspiration to me and it would be an honor to meet someone who has given hope to so many children.

JK Rowling - I'm a huge Potter fan!

carolpetunia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
As fascinating as it would be to interview mad and/or evil men like Adolf Hitler, Jeffrey Dahmer, OJ Simpson, Osama bin Ladn, Idi Amin, and certain politicians who shall remain nameless, I think I'd rather confront them one by one... and (especially in Dahmer's case) NOT over dinner!

So my list is strictly people I like and admire:

Bill Clinton -- Not only because I consider him the best President of my lifetime, but also because every time I see him speak, I think (a) my gosh, the man is so intelligent, and (b) my gosh, the man is so much fun! I think he'd be both an education and a hoot!

William Shakespeare -- Another hoot, no doubt! What a wonderful sense of humor he had! And he also invented so many of the words and phrases that still color our language to this day. (Also, we could settle this Francis Bacon controversy once and for all!)

Carl Sagan -- I met him, talked with him, worked for him as volunteer long ago... but in those days, I was too intimidated to really enjoy it. I'd like another chance to know one of my great heroes.

Ann Druyan -- Sagan's wife (now widow), who I also met and instantly liked a lot. She's very political and outspoken and funny!

Bob Dylan -- There was a time when I'm sure he would've just sat in a corner and observed without speaking a word... but in recent years, he's been so much more forthcoming! I'd love a chance to try to understand him.

Stephen King -- I just dearly love the way he uses the language, and I've noticed in interviews that he's an open book, eager to talk about everything under the sun. I just think I'd really like the guy! Also a hoot.

Albert Einstein -- Obviously brilliant, but also a very humane person of great conscience. I'd love to get him and Carl off in a corner and just listen!

Steve Allen -- One of the smartest, wisest, funniest people ever. I heard him speak briefly once, and I could have listened for days on end. Yet another hoot!

Hillary Clinton -- Because she's brilliant and funny and incisive, and because I'd like to talk to her about how to structure a universal healthcare program.

Jesus Christ -- Of course. Who wouldn't like to meet him? Whether he was divine or not, he was an extraordinary man.

Niall of the Nine Hostages -- An ancestor on my father's side from the 9th century -- he was a "king of kings" in the northern part of Ireland. I've been to the Hill of Tara, where he reigned!

Anna Gleich -- My great-great-great-great-grandmother on my mother's side, who came over on a ship from Germany all by herself in 1853, at the age of 17.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

theimp98

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by CarolPetunia

As fascinating as it would be to interview mad and/or evil men Osama bin Ladn, NOT over dinner!
hehe my reason for bin ladn nothing to do with conversation,
he is worth i think 25 million if i could turn him in dead or alive

what can i say i am part mercenary.

its fun reading people chocies in who we would like to meet.
i wonder what it says about us as people

theimp98

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by catcaregiver

I think this thread reveals a lot.
Great, i think mine is saying i want to take over the world.

catcaregiver

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by theimp98

Great, i think mine is saying i want to take over the world.
Looking back over your list it seems you may be right.
Though a few of your guests are not known to be great warriors.

jugen

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'd like to meet:

my real father and ask him why he never acknowledged me as his own.

the inventor of the alphabet. To ask why these letters and how they came to make it so.

God(or whoever is the "higher power") to see how everything began and why we are what we are and do what we do.

theimp98

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by catcaregiver

Looking back over your list it seems you may be right.
Though a few of your guests are not known to be great warriors.
"those skilled in war subdue the enemy's army without battle .... They conquer by strategy"- art of war.

heeh dont always have to fight to win

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wilma Rudolph- her life story is really inspiring. i used to be a runner- and she was always my role model.

Oprah- i'd love to just spend an afternoon and talk about all the interesting things she's seen and people she's met/etc!

Hairret Tubman- a brave woman if i ever heard of one!

Rosa Parks- I wish I could stand my ground remotely as well as she did!

Princess Diana

Rebecca (from the Old Testament in the Bible)

Jesus

My pop (grandad- he passed away when i was a little girl- i miss him SOOOOOOOO much!)

William Shakespeare

Fats Domino - great singer! i love his music

Elvis - i'm from memphis, what can i say!

Ella Fitzgerald!!!

Tina Dico- she's one of my favorite singers right now- i'd love the chance to meet her

Machavelli - anyone who can write a piece like "The Prince" must have something interesting to talk about!

Some of the victims of the Holocaust

Beethoven

Lord Byron - my absolute favorite poet!!!!!

Pachabelle- i could listen to his music all day long i swear! I'd love to meet the man behind the music

Abraham Lincoln

Ben Franklin

Chaucer

Claude Monet- my absolute favorite artist- my entire living room is decorated in replicas of his paintings. I would love to just talk away the afternoon about what inspired him to paint such beautiful things.