Tsc won't, true value won't any ideas?
I tried to do it myself and it was so loud and I burned out the motor
I want to make my pellets into finer litter
Thanks!

red top rescue

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
You can buy litter that is pine but is ground finder.  Fresh Results makes one like that, available at WalMart for about 5.99 a bag.  It's corn cob but smells like pine.  Also, if there is a Tractor Supply near you, they have a horse bedding that's like 9.99 for a 40 pound bag and works very well, and sometimes it is finer pellets, sometimes not so much.  Personally I use the regular pine pellets from Tractor Supply, which is also horse bedding, called Pelletized Pine Equine Bedding.  It does't take the cat using it much for it to break down into more sawdust, and it is like feline pine but less expensive, around $5.50 for a 40-lb. bag.

sargon

High Priest of Freya, The Slightly Bitey.
Super Cat
Purraise
Feline Pine (and probably others) makes a softer pine based clumping liter that is probably what you want.  It costs more than the horse pellet bedding, but I assume that you want the advantages of pine, but have a cat that won't adapt to pellet litter. 

if you haven't tried the pellets first, it is worth trying them, but if they are just not working for your cat, go ahead and try a bag of the clumping pine litter and see if it works for you.

If you're really in a situation where you just cant' afford the softer pine, you could try wetting the pellets, letting them dry, and then breaking it up (it should be much easier then), but you'll probably spend a LOT of time and effort non it, so unless you don't mind spending a couple of hours to save 5 or 10 bucks,  it's probably not worth it.