Who was the disciplinarian in your house?

4badcats

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
My Dad used to do the shouty screamy thing - it never even touched the surface!!!

However, the moment my beautiful mother turned her bright green eyes to me and said the fateful words 'I am so disappointed in you, Louise............' my world would fall apart..............there was nothing worse!!!

Seems to be the same in our house now.........I am my mothers' daughter!!!!!

sibohan2005

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
normally mom but there was always that threat of "OH when your father gets home!!" except dad was the biggest suck he just had a loud scary voice. we always smartened up before dad got home

valanhb

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Mom, usually, mainly because she was always home and Dad was on the road a lot with work. "Wait until your father gets home" could have meant waiting a few days.
That and they both SWORE that they would never do that because they felt it put Dad in an unfair position to have a good relationship with us.

But Dad still scared the heck out of us! He scared almost every person (male or female - friend or boyfriend) that my sister or I ever brought home. He could give "The Dad Look" without even knowing it, and make people who barely knew him feel about 1" tall!
My best friend in college got her nose pierced not long before I graduated. It didn't bother her to go home and show HER parents, but she was really scared of what MY dad would say, even though she had only met him a couple times.

crittergirl

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
My Dad was. He did not lose his temper as quickly as my Mom, but RUN when he did have enough. He was not abusive but he sure scared us!

sillyjilly

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
They were divorced when I was 6 months old so since I lived with mom it would be mom... Though she was a lot more hard nosed than dad anyways! So I think she wore the pants in our family while they were married!

cococat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
They both were, but mom was the "serious" one, you really didn't want to be in trouble with her. But we rarely got in trouble with her, she wasn't one to nit-pick.

joanne511

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My mom, absolutely was. My dad has a temper too, but man, she was the hammer.
I think part of it was that my dad was often out to sea (he was in the Navy) and for a time we were not living where he was stationed, so my mom was really the primary figure in our lives for a few years. And my dad usually deferred to her ("Go ask your mom.") more often than not.