Who wants my points?

Status
Not open for further replies.

cheeseface

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I didn't even notice it. I guess I'm too busy reading the actual thread index.

furryferals

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm not psychic,I just see through people
Originally Posted by Sicycat

I think its a fun board as well as very informational (is that a word? LOL) but I really feel that it is quite expensive here for premium. I run a large U2 forum with over 50,000 members and the board owner only charges $12 a year for premium membership and people STILL complain
With 50,000 members that's probly why it's so cheap

If there were more supporting members then the cost of a subscription would probly
come down?

Originally Posted by Hydroaxe

I don't agree with the idea that 59.50 a year is expensive. a dollar a week, I'd sign up no question, so if subscribing must be considered expensive, I guess we're not giving our subscribers nearly enough benefits then.
I don't think £30.00 a year is expensive personally and yes you should give subscribers more perks
and maybe give the Mods a few more perks too,they do everything they do for nothing
After all if it weren't for them keeping the forum running,
How many non members wouldn't get the desperate advice they need????

Originally Posted by Hydroaxe

Anyway, if anyone forgets the purpose of the forums, all they have to do is click on the forums index link to see H&N, PC&KC, Behavior and C&G at the very top followed by Breeding and then Ferals and Rescue.

Originally Posted by Epona

That was sort of my point really, $60 is a lot of money to me and certainly not an amount I can spare for anything non-essential. Especially since both I and my husband are members here and it wouldn't be fair if one of us subscribed and not the other, so for us it would be $120! (any chance of a couples discount?
)
That would be a great Idea to give couples two for the price of one membership

I think it would be a great Idea to introduce a lower subscription,for members who
want to support the site but can't afford the full outlay.
Maybe they could have half price subscription,with a few extra perks and extra points each week,but maybe a seperate private room for them but no access to the premier
lounge??they could be called supporting members?

There does seem to be a lot of members willing to support the site but can't afford
the full outlay?

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by furryferals

I think it would be a great Idea to introduce a lower subscription,for members who
want to support the site but can't afford the full outlay.
Maybe they could have half price subscription,with a few extra perks and extra points each week,but maybe a seperate private room for them but no access to the premier
lounge??they could be called supporting members?

There does seem to be a lot of members willing to support the site but can't afford
the full outlay?
There's a three-month subscription for $19.50, with full perks, which many members have taken advantage of.

lsulover

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by jean-ji

I like to give gifts to new people on the forums, a bit of a Welcome Wagon thing. And it does make you feel good, try it.

~Rhonda
I like giving presents too, I bought 4 presents for people today, that is what I like doing with my points, I just give presents.

Makes me feel good too.

xxtashaxx

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
i think its very fair that paying members have more perks then the rest. it more of a thank you from the site so to speak. even though they thank us all for the advise weather were paying members or not . and the site wouldnt be so good without the members who dont pay. we all do our part to make this site what it is . who cares if we cant change our username??
i love this site. and buying things for people with there points is something i have only just known about , when someone sent me my first gift( thanx rosie) and it made me feel really happy.
once i have the money i would love to become a paying member , but not because of the *PERKS* because this is 1 of the best fourms i have ever joined up with.
and i have never noticed when new members have joined lol , i dont even know who are paying ones and who are not . but it wouldnt make any difference to me weather someone paid , or weather they didnt.
we all come here to help others with advice , or get help and advice for outselfs when needed , or just for a chat. to me that is the biggest perk not the points system.

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by XxtashaxX

i think its very fair that paying members have more perks then the rest. it more of a thank you from the site so to speak. even though they thank us all for the advise weather were paying members or not . and the site wouldnt be so good without the members who dont pay. we all do our part to make this site what it is . who cares if we cant change our username??
i love this site. and buying things for people with there points is something i have only just known about , when someone sent me my first gift( thanx rosie) and it made me feel really happy.
once i have the money i would love to become a paying member , but not because of the *PERKS* because this is 1 of the best fourms i have ever joined up with.
and i have never noticed when new members have joined lol , i dont even know who are paying ones and who are not . but it wouldnt make any difference to me weather someone paid , or weather they didnt.
we all come here to help others with advice , or get help and advice for outselfs when needed , or just for a chat. to me that is the biggest perk not the points system.
Don't ever forget that it's members like you that make this the wonderful site it is. Kudos to you and the rest of you - paying or non-paying - for being here.

lsulover

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by SwampWitch

How can we complain about something that's free? If we want more perks, we join, it's very fair.

Cheers, from
SwampWitch
Excatly!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

bella713

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by xocats

The ability to connect to people like you, who love & respect cats, in a safe, monitored environment, means the world to me.
The support that I have received when one of my kitties was ill, and the friendships that I have make here ... are priceless.
vbplaza is just a perk that is fun but not really that important.
TCS is important to all of us.
Very well said, my sentiments exactly
If I didn't have TCS when
Bella
was sick and then when she passed I would have surely gone out of my mind. I treasure my friends here so much

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Yosemite

Don't ever forget that it's members like you that make this the wonderful site it is. Kudos to you and the rest of you - paying or non-paying - for being here.
Well said! I post on a few other cat sites, and have often witnessed the members being very "catty" towards others. That's a rarity here, thank goodness. TCS members rock!!

duchess15

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Puff is the sweetest most angelic boy! He's soooo pretty you'd just want to kiss that sweet little face of his!

I agree with the site being one of the best just because the people actually care and we are all here for the same reason. The love of cats and the welfare of animals in general. It doesn't matter to me if someone is a paying member or not. We all share something special which makes us each unique.

pat locani

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by SwampWitch

How can we complain about something that's free? If we want more perks, we join, it's very fair.
If I can't keep up my payments (sounds like a loan
) or just forget, then I lose my perks. No biggy. I can still come to TCS and find some interesting posts.

I'm still amazed at the entirety of this site and how well-run it is. Kudos to TCS!

dragoriana

MajesticFloof
Top Cat
Purraise
Puff puff puff, he's the man, if he can't do it, then ill steal the points anyway! :p kidding

Ive been away a week...free points sounds nice

crazyforinfo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Puff is so hansome with his long whiskers and blue nails! How can you not want to hug this baby!

Status
Not open for further replies.