Who still eats mcdonalds kentuky fried,etc ?

maggie101

3 cats
Top Cat
Purraise
Just curious. I haven't in decades. Grubhub is having a special free large fries $15 or more spent. I make my burgers on a grill pan

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Very rarely I started having issues with high blood pressure readings so I cleaned up my diet among other things. The last time that I gave in and went through a drive thru the stuff has gotten entirely too expensive as well.

Biomehanika

Toxoplasmosis Mind Control Slave
Adult Cat
Purraise
Knowing food delivery apps the “free fries” will still end up costing you 5x the price because of how high the app service charges are, and that’s before tip lol.

As for fast food, where I live is super rural so there isn’t ANY, so I only ever have it once in a blue moon when I go out of town. Had McDonalds last week on the way home from the vet though and it was reeeally good lol.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

maggie101

3 cats
Top Cat
Purraise
Me too. Start eating sweets and fried food as kids then it's hard to stop as you get older and have medical problems

nurseangel

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
DH picked up KFC for us yesterday. They were out of original recipe and DH's chicken was raw in the middle! We returned both our dinners, and the manager was not even surprised when I explained what happened over the phone. Then, DH went to Burger King and my Whopper Jr. was great.

NY cat man

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I never cared all that much for KFC, and the last time I was at a Mickey D's was in 2020, just before the state was shut down. A quarter pounder with cheese, two hash browns, a medium hot tea, and a small coffee were over $16. Haven't been back since, or to any other fast-food place either, for that matter.

allmykitties

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I still do like KFC, but I am very disappointed that the potato wedges were removed from the menu. Still, there are times when I just have a craving ...

Never was a fan of McDonalds, Burger King, Hardees ... very once in a while, but that's been years now.

fionasmom

Staff Member
Purraise
Someone around here was ordering McDonald's French fries at about midnight as I found mis-deliveries on my front patio three times in the morning. The receipt gave the time of the order. I finally got McD to look into it and deliver to the right person.

IndyJones

Adopt don't shop.
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't like mcdonalds really except the chicken nuggets. The burgers have a plasticy/chemical taste that I really don't like and the bread is soggy most of the time (why no toasted buns?) The fries taste like salt licks and are too soggy for my liking. I prefer unsalted foods I just don't like the taste of things that are salty much.

Air fried things are the best. Crisp and not soggy or wet. Wet food is disgusting.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
I haven't had McDonald's since my kids were young about 25 years ago and don't miss it. But I saved some of their unopened Happy Meal toys. I never ate KFC. :nono: But I did have Popeyes and Brown's Chicken approx. 25 years ago.

lizzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We haven't eaten at McDonalds in I can't tell you how many years.I personally do not care for their food.Once in a while...not often at all...we might stop at Sonic...we like their grilled chicken sandwiches,I love their cherry limeade or sometimes an orange creamsicle shake,and of course Harry loves a chocolate shake.I can,and do fix a pretty mean burger or tenderloin sandwich at home,and we do try to stay away from all the fried stuff.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
This thread title has me wanting some fried chicken. :lol: Something I’ll treat myself to once a year or so. Maybe longer; maybe shorter.

I’m more likely to choose a burger place or Chickfila. I don’t cook beef often at home anymore; so if its a quick treat meal I’ll try for like Hardees or this other little burger chain. On road trips getting to have a hot sandwich or something like that is much more satisfying than packing lunch or just eating snacks for 10 hours. So that’s more when I enjoy fast food.

The quality is not matching the price at many places lately though. That helps reduce any temptation to stop. Its better to wait for a proper restaurant to fill a beef craving,

fionasmom

Staff Member
Purraise
I don't know how I forgot that my bait of choice for ferals who need to be trapped for TNR is KFC. It has been almost failsafe for me.

Jem

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We'll treat ourselves to McDonald's maybe 1-2 times a year. Although I would love to have some KFC sometimes, our local KFC just isn't the same since new owners took it over...it's not very good anymore. Same with Dairy Queen and Pizza Hut, new owners and now it's filthy and kinda gross. Mary Brown's just opened up this year, I have yet to try it but I want to. A new Burger King just opened near us, we tried it, it was....Burger King. We'll probably go the same as McD's, maybe once a year. We also have an A&W...but we never really think of going there...and most other fast food chains are not near us so we don't go.