who puts the Fabric Softner in before the rinse cycle

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by dawnofsierra

I have a snuggle ball! What genius came up with that little device? Otherwise, I'd never remember to put the fabric softener in at the right time!
I have one too, and I looooveee it!! What a wonderful product!

rosehawke

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've always used dryer sheets, but I'm thinking of trying a liquid because I noticed lately that they come in some neat scents now

darkeyedgirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I use Downy right in the washing machine, in the beginning; there's a little resevoir in the top that ya dump it in and it self-dispenses in the rinse cycle.

I use EXTRA Downy, filled up higher than normal, on bedsheets & towels.

also I use Bounce dryer sheets but only on bedsheets, towels and stuff that is static-y.

I used to use the Downy ball but in my 'new' (it's old) house, the washing machine has the self-dispensing dohicky.

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't use fabric softener or dryer sheets. Up until last week I continue to hang all my clothes outside. I have a clothes rack that I hang shirts and pants on -in the winter when we use the wood stove I move the rack close by and the stuff drys really fast.
I do have some dryer sheets and use them when I remember But to much fabric softener use on towels actually decreases their absorbency.

zak&rocky

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I used to use the Downy Ball- started at school where the machines were top loaders with no dispenser. I had like 2 or 3 for multiple loads. I affectionately called it the "bubble ball". Most laundromats had a space for the stuff,but i kept a few just in case. Now I have a brand new Kenmore front loader with all sorts of neat things. 10 years of laundromat was enough for me! BTW you can use Snuggle in it or whatever otheer brand.

deb25

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Ryn

I don't use softener, exept for towels, sheets etc. It's actually bad for most modern clothes, especially underwear; destroys the elastane.
And it makes towels less absorbent. I never use fabric softener on towels.