Who needs an alarm clock anyways?

cat_crazy

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Every morning at around 6:30 AM Rocky will sit on my chest and pat my face or pounce on my feet to wake me up so I can feed him.

I like him waking me up better than an alarm clock. It's a gentler way to wake me up. Except for when he decides to pounce on my feet.

strange_wings

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I do. I have 7 cats permanently set to snooze. If I followed their schedule I wouldn't wake up till lunch time.

Tomas used to wake me up when he was little, but he out grew that.

stephanietx

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
My kitty alarm clock goes off at about 5:30am. I love her dearly, though sometimes (like this morning), she can be a real pest! If I sleep through the alarm, the back up kitty alarm jumps on the bed around 6:30am. There are times I've almost overslept, but thanks to the kitties, I haven't.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Well, evidently we do. Usually (usually!) Bootser starts in around 4:00 in the morning. Meow, meow, meow, meow. Whisper starts jumping from DH to me and back again. Mollipop pats my face and starts purring. And on it goes. Needess to say, we're up and feeding the kids, usually by 5:00, even on weekends. There's no such thing as sleeping in anymore, not around here.

However, last month when DH was in Vegas, I didn't bother to set the alarm clock for work. Why? I have six of them! But nobody awakened me until almost 7:00! And I'm usually in the shower by 6:15. Not a good thing.

And this past Tuesday morning? They messed up again and we never awakened until around 6:00. DH has to be to work by 6:45.

They have one job.....just one! And they messed it up! Twice in two months!

nekoha

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Ha ha... such a great question!

My cats only wake me up when there is a "problem", such as an empty food bowl
or if one of them locked the other into a room...
I wonder how they will react to moving to a place that is 13 hours time difference, though... I think they will definitely need an adjustment period!

nutrolori

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Cat_crazy

Every morning at around 6:30 AM Rocky will sit on my chest and pat my face or pounce on my feet to wake me up so I can feed him.

I like him waking me up better than an alarm clock. It's a gentler way to wake me up. Except for when he decides to pounce on my feet.
I have shared this on here before buy if you haven't seen it you will LOVE IT! It reminds me of my cat Chester Cheetah and now from what you describe, you cat!

My kids love his videos. They all remind me so much my cat.

http://www.simonscat.com/catmando.html

kkh

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I certainly won't need one...Ku Ku wakes me up around 6am these days whether that's weekdays or weekends. While that's very helpful during weekdays, it may be a bit annoying on weekends especially when I need extra zzzs.

Regardless of the time I wake up, the very first thing I'd have to do is to feed her a breakfast(that's how I call it) and clean her "bathroom" before I do anything for myself - including my breakfast and other morning routines...

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

cat_crazy

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by KKH

I certainly won't need one...Ku Ku wakes me up around 6am these days whether that's weekdays or weekends. While that's very helpful during weekdays, it may be a bit annoying on weekends especially when I need extra zzzs.

Regardless of the time I wake up, the very first thing I'd have to do is to feed her a breakfast(that's how I call it) and clean her "bathroom" before I do anything for myself - including my breakfast and other morning routines...
I know, right? After he wakes me up I get out of bed and I'm stumbling around to the food bowls and changing water in water bowls and scooping litter boxes all half asleep. It's a miracle I don't fall down the stairs.

kkh

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
These days, she wakes me up whenever she used her bathroom(yes..) or wants me to clean her litter. She woke me up exactly at 4:30am for the last couple of days so I'd clean her "bathroom"!
I did wake up and "serve" her highness.

This morning, I wanted extra sleep without getting her "paw alarm".
I also fed her a breakfast after cleaned her litter when she woke me up at 4:30am, hoping she wouldn't wake me up later on.

Wrong! Exactly at 8am, I felt "the paw". I opened my eyes and there she was, sitting just in front of my face and looking down as if saying "time to rise & shine, meowmy"!
She thinks that's her duty to wake her meowmy up and let her out from bed...

egrant23

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I've had my rescued kitten (8 weeks) for about a week now and kitty has woke me up at about 6am the last two mornings. Convenient because I get up at 6:15 anyways. Both times by rubbing up against my cheek.

luananeko

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I definitely need an alarm clock. My kitty puts me to sleep after they wake me up! James, my long hair gray & white tuxedo Manx, likes to climb onto my chest and wake me by rubbing his cheek all over my face with the occasional drool. Once I wake up and pet him, he'll tuck his head around my neck, purr in my ear, and do push paws on either my chest or scalp. Between him being so warm and fuzzy, the purring, and the kitty massage, I fall back asleep within minutes

Toby, our flame point Siamese, isn't quite so cuddly, but he's usually sleeping on my legs, so even if I didn't fall asleep I still have the problem of being pinned down by both cats so I can't bring myself to get up even if I wanted to

riffxraff

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Thank goodness Jericho lets us sleep till about 8-830 (for breakfast of course!) then I go back to bed and so does he

But I couldnt imagine if he was in there at 6...I would not be a happy camper lol

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

cat_crazy

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by luananeko

I definitely need an alarm clock. My kitty puts me to sleep after they wake me up! James, my long hair gray & white tuxedo Manx, likes to climb onto my chest and wake me by rubbing his cheek all over my face with the occasional drool. Once I wake up and pet him, he'll tuck his head around my neck, purr in my ear, and do push paws on either my chest or scalp. Between him being so warm and fuzzy, the purring, and the kitty massage, I fall back asleep within minutes

Toby, our flame point Siamese, isn't quite so cuddly, but he's usually sleeping on my legs, so even if I didn't fall asleep I still have the problem of being pinned down by both cats so I can't bring myself to get up even if I wanted to
Awww! Today Rocky woke me up and after I fed them and went back to bed (hey, it's Saturday) he settled down on my arm, laid his head down on my chest and started purring. It was so cute! He almost never does that.

Originally Posted by RiffxRaff

Thank goodness Jericho lets us sleep till about 8-830 (for breakfast of course!) then I go back to bed and so does he

But I couldnt imagine if he was in there at 6...I would not be a happy camper lol
I have to get up around 6 (it would be so nice to sleep until 8 or 8:30.
). First I feed the cats and scoop the litter boxes. Then I change into workout clothes, eat an energy bar and drink some coconut water. I go jogging for a half hour on Tuesday's and Thursday's and do Pilates on Monday's, Wednesday's and Friday's for an hour. Followed by a shower, then eating my breakfast. Then my day begins.

silva_unt

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Am i the only one who gets kitty bites to wake up!? Neko wakes me up for her breakfast by nibbling on my shoulder, arm, leg, and once on my tush!!! ouch

This morning it was as early as 2:30am! I just shooed her away and finally again around 4am so i got up

She's definitely been a "right on time" alarm clock

kkh

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Ku Ku does not bite me but she usually licks my face, finger or anywhere exposed. It's cute but I wouldn't like it on my face when she does that right after she used litter box.
She knows that I don't like it and it works to wake me up...anytime...