Who Is Waiting

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She is tiny, but Tonks are on the smaller side and being female that's understandable. I'd let her explore for maybe no more then an hour supervised, then confine her to her room. We got Charlie at 4 months old. He was supervised with exploring for about a month and confined when we couldn't watch him.

He was between 5-6 months before he was allowed total freedom of the house and basement.

missymotus

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Congrats SSmith

Meowers: Your baby doesn't look too skinny to me.

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She looks like most normal Oci kittens at her age. They don't fill out till around 14-18 months and are fully developed about 2 yrs old. She should weigh about a pound per month of age, up to a year. Female Oci's are only about 8-10 lbs when grown. Males 9-12 lbs.

She does seem to be on the taller side with those longer legs

mews2much

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She sure is Cute. She dosent look thin to me either. I talked to teh Sphynx Breeder last night. She said I do not pay until after they are born. She will send me pics when they are born

ssmith0385

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
So MY baby was weighed today at the vet and weighs 1.8 lbs. She should weigh at least 3 lbs at 14 weeks. The vet didn't believe she was 14 weeks - but since I got her from a breeder, she figures she's just very very small for her age. Is this ok? Are some cats just small?

jesi

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
The new Tonkinese is Gorgeous! As is the new Ocicat!!!! Beautiful babies you guys got!!!

Ill be posting my Siamese girls soon! They are soooo sweet, we named them Sophie and Zoe Bell. Sophie was the runt and looks about a week younger than her sister but They are both doing good! They love to cuddle and be loved and sleep on our back. They have their own kitten suite (the guest room) and are just the most gorgeous little siamese girls ever! Sophie loves to groom and knead too...awwww.

kluchetta

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by SSmith0385

So MY baby was weighed today at the vet and weighs 1.8 lbs. She should weigh at least 3 lbs at 14 weeks. The vet didn't believe she was 14 weeks - but since I got her from a breeder, she figures she's just very very small for her age. Is this ok? Are some cats just small?
Do you know how many kittens were in the litter? With a large litter, and with being female, it's POSSIBLE that she is 14 weeks. however, our very runty runt in a litter of 8 (non-pedigreed) kittens was 1 pound 2 ounces at 8 weeks. Is there such thing as a birth certificate for kitties?

(Oh, and the runty runt is doing just fine and is BEAUTIFUL and 3 years old now, LOL)

meowers

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My Ocicat kitten weighs 2 pounds (she went to the vet today) and is alomost 3 months old. All her pics make her look much bigger than she is for some reason
But I think shes just fine and gaining weight quick.

SSmith, as long as she is eating lots, she'll probably gain a pound really fast. Also, if she was fed a raw meat diet that would account for being skinny. Don't know why, but that's what the vet said today.

ssmith0385

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
The breeder said her whole litter was small and she had trouble getting them to gain weight as they should. She had the mother spayed. I believe there were 5 kittens in her litter. She is eating, I haven't seen her drink water, and she urinates in the litterbox. She hasn't defecated on her own - just when they went for a stool sample at the vet (and possibly she had a plug of some sort - a large amount came out). I'm going to wait until tomorrow to panic about that and call the vet. Maybe she'll get things "worked out."

missymotus

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Meowers

Also, if she was fed a raw meat diet that would account for being skinny. Don't know why, but that's what the vet said today.
Not true, raw fed kittens weigh as much as other kittens.

My girl is tiny compared to the boys, she's 10 months old and only 8.5lbs but she's in proportion - not skinny.

duchess15

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am waiting to get a spotted bengal from my Aunt who breeds them. She is going to give me the pick of the litter from one of her litters so it will probably be until next March or August before I get one.

sol

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by missymotus

Not true, raw fed kittens weigh as much as other kittens.

My girl is tiny compared to the boys, she's 10 months old and only 8.5lbs but she's in proportion - not skinny.
My experience is actuarally that raw fed kittens weigh more (are bigger) than at least dry fed kittens. When my Devon Rex males move at 16 weeks of age they weigh like 5,7 lb and that's a lot for 16 week old Devon Rexes. The largest kittens ever seen by my mentor (she's bred Devon Rexes for almost 1 years).

When I discuss this with other breeders it's seems like raw fed kittens and kittens fed a mix between canned and raw are bigger than the typical dry food kitten.

sol

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
My waiting has ended. My female was born last Sunday and she's very healthy and growing well.

tammat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yay! Yay! I am so excited to find this thread. I am a newbie and still learning my way around. I have just been placed on a waiting list this morning for a Russian Blue female kitten. She will be my very own pet. A companion for Ruben who technically belongs to my children. I have searched for months and found the perfect breeder for me. She is waiting for her new Queen to be born this spring and then I will get a kitty from her first litter. How exciting! I'm waiting for a baby to be born to have my baby!

flintmccullough

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Just saw this thread too, lol.  I ordered a very specific color kitten, and he had to be male.  Took 2 yrs before he showed up. One day my breeder called me, and said, I have one, and he is the only one in the litter that color, yes, he is a male, and he is yours.  He was more than worth the wait, such a sweet and loving boy, and he finished in the top 25 last season. I remember the anticipation, of waiting for him, and the elation, when he was born, and the joy, the day I brought him home.  I hope everybody gets the kittens they are waiting on.   

speakhandsforme

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Aw man. I had never heard of Tonkinese before I came across this thread. And now I want one more than anything in the WHOLE WORLD. :lol3: I looove smart, active, loud kitties!!!

Maybe someday I'll get an adult rescue Tonk. :) Preferably natural coat...

missymotus

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Quote:

Originally Posted by missymotus

I've been quietly waiting on something special and.....I'm still waiting

Wow another old thread pulled out of the darkness, I don't even remember what I was waiting on back then

Right now I'm waiting on 2 of my girls to give birth next month, and hopefully they are processing my specific requests for the kittens I want to keep.

Last edited: