Who is this mystery lady?

meowtabitha

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise

We found Tabitha ("bitty") in a wheat field very hungry and cold. We believe she was about 3 weeks old at the time. Her ears were wide open and so were her eyes but she was still a little wobbly on her feet (she ran around…but in a silly baby kitten fashion)

It has been two weeks now and we just totally love her. She is happy,healthy, and full of snuggles…. but we don't really know what she is!

On the farm there are a bunch of stray cats. We live next to a bird sanctuary and also have lots of cozy barns and old trucks to snuggle in…. but we don't see any other kittens around and we haven't seen many cats at all lately. It is getting warm so they are venturing out. We live on thousands of acres so it is hard to keep track of who is where! Plus, it is not our land (we just work for the rancher) so we don't know what cats are his and what cats are just little wanderers.

So… any thoughts?

she is VERY vocal

she has spicily feet

her eyes are darkening but we believe they will stay blue

Her ears a very large for her tiny head

Thanks 

Columbine

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
What a cutie :heart3: I can see why you fell for her. She looks siamese - ish to me, but her furs a little long for a siamese (I think...not that I'm any kind of expert. I don't think I've ever even met a siamese in real life :lol3: ). Her being very vocal fits with siamese, or another asian/oriental breed. I have my first burmese mix, and am astounded by how vocal she is compared to the other cats I've known.

misterwhiskers

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
OOOOH I am in [emoji]10084[/emoji]️[emoji]10084[/emoji]️[emoji]10084[/emoji]️[emoji]10084[/emoji]️[emoji]10084[/emoji]️[emoji]10084[/emoji]️

I'd say she's pointed, obviously. Some Siamese have pretty big ears, as well. She's so dark already that my guess is she would have seal points. She may darken drastically, but that will set off her eyes that much more. What a gift the wheat fields gave you!! Haha!! If you build it, they will come? Enjoy this little one!! Please keep posting pics, I am curious what the experts will have to say, and it will be wonderful to see how she changes as she gets older. She's a stunner, for sure!!

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise

We found Tabitha ("bitty") in a wheat field very hungry and cold. We believe she was about 3 weeks old at the time. Her ears were wide open and so were her eyes but she was still a little wobbly on her feet (she ran around…but in a silly baby kitten fashion)

It has been two weeks now and we just totally love her. She is happy,healthy, and full of snuggles…. but we don't really know what she is!

On the farm there are a bunch of stray cats. We live next to a bird sanctuary and also have lots of cozy barns and old trucks to snuggle in. but we don't see any other kittens around and we haven't seen many cats at all lately. It is getting warm so they are venturing out. We live on thousands of acres so it is hard to keep track of who is where! Plus, it is not our land (we just work for the rancher) so we don't know what cats are his and what cats are just little wanderers.

So… any thoughts?

she is VERY vocal

she has spicily feet

her eyes are darkening but we believe they will stay blue

Her ears a very large for her tiny head

Thanks 
Its too early to say what look alike she is.   At this moment the choice is between balinese and ragdoll. Not birman as birman has white socks.

She is seal point, as MrWhisers told.

And her ancestry?  It can be anything, probably the local moggies.  The parents dont need to be points themselves, it was enough they were carriers of the point gene.

So, you are at a place as made for barn cats, but no kittens, eh?

There are two possibilities: the owners are very scrupolous with  TNR:ing them all.  OR the owners are quite scrupulous with drowning / shooting them kittens they find.

My guess is the later.   The mom tried to hide the nest, and managed a couple of weeks.  When the nest was discovered, she tried to save what could be saved, and rushed off with the childs she could, one at a time...

As we see, she succeed at least partly...

A gift form above, to you, to this little kitten, and to her... Her materniity instincs werent in wain.   A little heroine.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

meowtabitha

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Here is one more fully body shot :)

Its too early to say what look alike she is.   At this moment the choice is between balinese and ragdoll. Not birman as birman has white socks.

She is seal point, as MrWhisers told.

And her ancestry?  It can be anything, probably the local moggies.  The parents dont need to be points themselves, it was enough they were carriers of the point gene.

So, you are at a place as made for barn cats, but no kittens, eh?

There are two possibilities: the owners are very scrupolous with  TNR:ing them all.  OR the owners are quite scrupulous with drowning / shooting them kittens they find.

My guess is the later.   The mom tried to hide the nest, and managed a couple of weeks.  When the nest was discovered, she tried to save what could be saved, and rushed off with the childs she could, one at a time...

As we see, she succeed at least partly...

A gift form above, to you, to this little kitten, and to her... Her materniity instincs werent in wain.   A little heroine.
Thank you for all of the information!

The farm is about 5,000 acres and its next to a bird sanctuary (mainly birds of prey) in Montana…. the owners, dear people…. feed the kitties when they come to the barn and give them to good homes when they find them.  Unfortunately, hawks seem to know that these farms have kittens and get to them pretty quickly. It is also pretty chilly still so the kittens will probably start showing up throughout the next couple of weeks? They are organic farmers that love their animals so I assure you there is no animal violence going on! 

meowtabitha

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thank you to everyone! We have been pretty sure she is a little siamese…. will be posting pics as she grows

meowtabitha

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
OOOOH I am in [emoji]10084[/emoji]️[emoji]10084[/emoji]️[emoji]10084[/emoji]️[emoji]10084[/emoji]️[emoji]10084[/emoji]️[emoji]10084[/emoji]️

I'd say she's pointed, obviously. Some Siamese have pretty big ears, as well. She's so dark already that my guess is she would have seal points. She may darken drastically, but that will set off her eyes that much more. What a gift the wheat fields gave you!! Haha!! If you build it, they will come? Enjoy this little one!! Please keep posting pics, I am curious what the experts will have to say, and it will be wonderful to see how she changes as she gets older. She's a stunner, for sure!!
Thank you! your "if you build it" comment made me chuckle !!

GemsGem

Mentor
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
What a gorgeous little baby :heart3: :heart4:

She is a little cutie for sure :D

She has a pointed pattern like siamese do. But she is also a tortie ( I can see red patches on her toes )

This means her color and pattern would be called " Seal Tortie Point" ;)

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise

Here is one more fully body shot :)

Thank you for all of the information!

The farm is about 5,000 acres and its next to a bird sanctuary (mainly birds of prey) in Montana…. the owners, dear people…. feed the kitties when they come to the barn and give them to good homes when they find them.  Unfortunately, hawks seem to know that these farms have kittens and get to them pretty quickly. It is also pretty chilly still so the kittens will probably start showing up throughout the next couple of weeks? They are organic farmers that love their animals so I assure you there is no animal violence going on! 
OK, I see I overinterpreted your original story.  Tx for the explanation, and tx for saving the honor of these nice people.   So its just to be even more scrupulous with the TNR part which is left for them to do.   :)

I once heard such a story on radio.  Two girls told how they got their Mose.   They were camping some mile from a farm.  Suddenly they saw a cat mom rushing to some bushes near them, kitten in the mouth, laying the kitten nearby them, perhaps 10 yards away.

And rushes back...   They waited, and waited, no returning mom.  So after a while they collected this abandoned kitten.

And their theory is what I too believe, and though was in your case:  The farmer was collecting the kittens he found to "pts", and mom  understanding what was going to happen, tried to save what could be saved.  And also, she took the extra chance her abandoned kitten would be saved by these girls, whom were not from the farm.

Cat moms understands.  This is why the farm cats usually try to hide their kittens, till they are about 6 weeks, and come forwards with them firstly at that time.

While its easy done to drown newly born kitten infants, as many farmers do by old traditions,  its not the same to kill healthy kittens of 6+ weeks...  Most people wont do that.

meowtabitha

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
What a gorgeous little baby

She is a little cutie for sure

She has a pointed pattern like siamese do. But she is also a tortie ( I can see red patches on her toes )

This means her color and pattern would be called " Seal Tortie Point"
torte and siamese…. quite a personality !!!! 

thanks for the love 

meowtabitha

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise

OK, I see I overinterpreted your original story.  Tx for the explanation, and tx for saving the honor of these nice people.   So its just to be even more scrupulous with the TNR part which is left for them to do.   :)

I once heard such a story on radio.  Two girls told how they got their Mose.   They were camping some mile from a farm.  Suddenly they saw a cat mom rushing to some bushes near them, kitten in the mouth, laying the kitten nearby them, perhaps 10 yards away.

And rushes back...   They waited, and waited, no returning mom.  So after a while they collected this abandoned kitten.

And their theory is what I too believe, and though was in your case:  The farmer was collecting the kittens he found to "pts", and mom  understanding what was going to happen, tried to save what could be saved.  And also, she took the extra chance her abandoned kitten would be saved by these girls, whom were not from the farm.

Cat moms understands.  This is why the farm cats usually try to hide their kittens, till they are about 6 weeks, and come forwards with them firstly at that time.

While its easy done to drown newly born kitten infants, as many farmers do by old traditions,  its not the same to kill healthy kittens of 6+ weeks...  Most people wont do that.
that is so so sad ! how terrible. So happy the girls found the kitten that they did….poor babies, now they are little angel kitties 

we are true animal lovers in this household… we make it a point to interview our farmers/ranchers and check the health of all of their animals before agreeing to work for them. The cats at the farm (even though I do agree that there needs to be some spay/neutering going on!) are healthy, wild little critters that are welcomed. We think that the mom was trying to move them because of a hawk nest/snake den/coyote pack and she did the best she could but left this one (she was very very very hungry). My hubby has an animal science background and was pretty certain she was abandoned and in need of food and warmth ASAP!

It stinks that the crappy farmers out there give all of us a bad name… the majority of us would do anything for an animal. 

angelinacat

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
She is absolutely gorgeous.  Like some of the others, please keep posting pictures, so we can see the beautiful princess she grows into!