Who is the oldest cat?

sneakymom

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise

Mistoflees was 17 when he died in August

Sneaky Pie will be 9 in April
And HollyHeart's only a baby, she's 4 months old.

I hope that both of them will live as long as Mistoflees did. Maybe even longer

Cheryl

mismaris777

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Taylor's my oldest of the four, she's 14-ish (adopted, so of course b-day is "estimated" lol). She is the goofiest of all of them- gets loonier every single day I swear. I call her the "comic relief" of my home. She does this thing where she launches herself into the rocking recliner and rocks herself and gets all excited and smacks the cats that pass her trying to play with them...
That's a senile cerebellar hypoplasia kitty with demensia for ya
. I know Taylor's not the oldest on this site, but she just may be the goofiest. I find myself yelling at her quite often lately telling her to "act her age"
and quit acting like a one year old. Then she has her moments when she acts like the cranky old lady (for instance right this second she's literally hitting the back of my chair meowing and complaining cuz I'm ignoring her). Ah that goofball...
Sidney is six-ish and both Pirate and Mama Mia are only 2-3 years old. I call them the babies lol even though they really aren't.

It's amazing to hear that there are sooooo many senior kitties out there! I'm definitely a fan of people that have senior kitties, and especially people that adopt senior kitties.

lotso'cats

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
The oldest I've got is Lauren. She's 10.
She's my brat cat and I can imagine life with out her.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Hydrox, our Old Coot, was 20 when he passed away from breast cancer. Had it not been for the cancer, that boy would probably still be alive today. He had had an operation to remove the lump when he was 19 years old and recovered wonderfully from that. They took the tubes from his stomach and breast area and he went on to reign terror into the hearts of the other cats. But then the cancer came back and this time, we didn't have the heart to put him through it again. He was a black baby with yellow eyes who came to us at a mere five weeks of age. I paid $2.00 to a neighborhood boy who was trying to find homes for his kittens.

Whisper and Bootser are now the Old Crabs of the family; they'll be 16 in July.

ruthyb

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
All these senior ages are wonderful and just shows how much that we love and look after our kitties. x

nolia

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
23 is amazing!!!

Hmm, at what age is a cat considered "senior"?

Anyway, my oldest cat is 7, had her since I was a teen in high school. Love her to bits. Would not know what to do without her~

jimanuel12

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Mawilouwl

Not any of my babies, because both of my cats are only 3 years old! I hope they live for as long as a cat can possibly live, though. So, how old are our oldest TCS cats?!
our cat, penelope, passed away about a year ago, she was almost 18. we got her in 1991 when she was 5 weeks old.
she was never sick a day in her long life, but her kidneys failed and there was nothing we could do for her.
she was a good cat.

momofmany

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Nolia

Hmm, at what age is a cat considered "senior"?
8 years old is the start of senior years.

My oldest will be 18 in April. Indie is a feral cat that I've cared for her entire life.

My next oldest will be 15 in April. Stumpy has had an auto-immune disease since he was 18 months old. He has half a tail and no teeth, but still rules the house.

Then comes Eightball (13), Bob (12), Pinky (10), and Scarlett (8).

That's it for my "seniors". I have 5 more that will achieve "senior" status next year.

crazycatlady777

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Our sweet, precious Nosey was 20 when he passed December 5, 2008. It was bitter sweet. I still miss him to this day! Well Baby Kitty is next on the list, he is around 12 or so. James is about 4, TinkerBell is 3 and the kids, TyTyBaby and Scooter are 10 months old. Now this new furbaby, Fluffy I would say she is barely a year old.

lync

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Congratulations to all the mature kitties here!

It is so encouraging to read how long your cats have lived and are still going strong and living healthy lives. My Bobby just turned 15 this week (Tues.) and I thought he was old. I remember thinking 10 was very old for a cat but now have changed my mind. So glad they live longer lives. 23 is fabulous!!

crazycatlady777

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Sure it was the hardest and saddest day while and after Nosey's death. But on the good side he was not sick, he was just old and tired and was ready to go to Heaven and be an angel. He peacefully passed while in hubbby and mine arms.
I feel so bad for people's babies who suffer long illlnesses or something painful.

mystik spiral

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by crazycatlady777

Sure it was the hardest and saddest day while and after Nosey's death. But on the good side he was not sick, he was just old and tired and was ready to go to Heaven and be an angel. He peacefully passed while in hubbby and mine arms.
I feel so bad for people's babies who suffer long illlnesses or something painful.
Awwww!

The last dog I had we kept alive for too long. He was a miniature poodle and was about 17 years old when my parents finally had him put to sleep. He was blind, deaf, diabetic, and just not in very good health. Though he was "my" dog, he lived with my parents once I moved out for college. I think they thought it would hurt me too much to let him go.

Holland is my first cat and she's just a baby so I'm looking forward to many years with her. It's so hard to say goodbye to these little creatures that we love so much, but they give us so much in their lifetimes that it all evens out somehow.

As I'm typing this now, Holland is playing at my feet with a plastic straw... oh, the simple things.

kluchetta

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, Tigger is "only" 20, but I'm amazed at how well she does. Prior to that the oldest cat I ever had was a Siamese I grew up with that died when we were both 17. We got her 6 years ago at 14!

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
well, my senior girl, Pixel, just turned 12 this past september. i know she's not the oldest at the site, but she's the oldest in my home!