Who here has been on weight watchers??

misty8723

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My leader at my meetings is crazy for this! She loves it! I don't have an i-phone or smart phone, (I'm sure if I did, I would be using this app), but I think it's a cool idea!
Mine is too.  We had a demo this morning from someone who has a smart phone and it is VERY cool!  It has me wishing I could afford a smart phone so I could get one

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

ut0pia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well what do you know, I lost 5 pounds last week!!! Now, some of that is most likely water weight, because when I weighed myself on Sunday, it was after days of eating really bad. Since Christmas, I pretty much never stopped eating like it's Xmas day...overeating every day. So since Christmas I had gained 5 pounds.....Overall that's not a big net loss but I am excited!!

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Well what do you know, I lost 5 pounds last week!!! Now, some of that is most likely water weight, because when I weighed myself on Sunday, it was after days of eating really bad. Since Christmas, I pretty much never stopped eating like it's Xmas day...overeating every day. So since Christmas I had gained 5 pounds.....Overall that's not a big net loss but I am excited!!

Well, there you go!
 Congratulations!

I've lost a bit since the beginning of the year, but I think most of that was water weight, too. Still five pounds is five pounds!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

ut0pia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh my gosh this week I'm already in the negative weekly points :( I am really discouraged...It was because I counted wrong, I counted 3 points * 6 servings= 18 points but really it was 20 points :( So I am at -2 :( IT's already Tuesday and I am looking forward to the new week :(

And the sad thing is, the weekly points cannot be swapped for activity, and if I eat 2 points less tomorrow it won't bring me back to 0 ....So this whole week is a failure :(

Last edited:

nanner

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh my gosh this week I'm already in the negative weekly points :( I am really discouraged...It was because I counted wrong, I counted 3 points * 6 servings= 18 points but really it was 20 points :( So I am at -2 :( IT's already Tuesday and I am looking forward to the new week :(
And the sad thing is, the weekly points cannot be swapped for activity, and if I eat 2 points less tomorrow it won't bring me back to 0 ....So this whole week is a failure :(
Don't give up! Put it behind you and brush it off and from today on just try to stick to your daily points until the end of your week. The cool thing about WW is that no matter what happens, you can always pick yourself up with your regular points allowance the next day.

Believe me, some of the things I've heard at meetings, some of the things that happened to me during the whole weight loss journey - there's always a chance the next day to get back on the program, or correct mistakes.

When I think of some of the things that could have thrown me off at the beginning - oy! :doh3: But the next day I started all over with my daily points, because I couldn't "undo" what was done, so why not move on.

Hang in there!! I believe you can do this! :high5:

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Utopia, OK, you screwed up. But hang in there (and I know that sounds trite, but it's true). Today is another day and things will go better. Don't worrry too much about those points yesterday. Just be careful for the rest of the week. I bet if you do well the rest of the week, you'll still end up with the scales in a downward trend. And that's what's important.

I had a crappy night last night and ended up way over my calorie count for the day. Only with me, it was just a bad day all the way around with lots of stress at work, followed by an argument with Rick as soon as I walked in the door last night (which was after a really bad planning commission meeting) because he forgot about my meeting and didn't know what I was making for dinner (never mind the fact that the menu and recipe were on the fridge door, along with a note about the meeting, but he didn't think to look there) and then the cats were even yelling at me as soon as I got home. Even though they had been fed not even two hours before I got home, they were starving and needed some dry kibble and were letting me know. So my day went from bad to worse....and I ended up eating a bowl of Frosted Mini Wheats and six double stuf Oreo cookies! (I didn't want to buy those darn Oreos anyway!!) And that was on top of dinner! I tend to binge when I'm feeling really down. Needless to say, my scales were not happy with me this morning. But I'm looking at today as being another day and hopefully, things will be better.

Last edited:

nanner

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
.................and I ended up eating a bowl of Frosted Mini Wheats and six double stuf Oreo cookies! (I didn't want to buy those darn Oreos anyway!!) And that was on top of dinner! I tend to binge when I'm feeling really down. Needless to say, my scales were not happy with me this morning. But I'm looking at today as being another day and hopefully, things will be better.
:yeah:

Oh, man. I've been there. And back! :D

As Scarlet O'Hara said, "Tomorrow is another day" - and it is!