Who here gives their cat(s) non-grinded raw food?

catpirate

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I'm too lazy and cheap to buy a grinder so I give my Elmo chicken wings, hearts,

drumsticks, necks, water sardines, etc, as is and a daily multivitamin. 

I never had any problems in 2+ years except for the occasional barfing because

he ate too fast and leaving the leftovers outside his plastic mat. Although a grinder

would make less bones go to waste... Hmmm...

Anybody else raw-feeds their cats grinder-less like myself or am I alone, so alone?

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Well I don't have a grinder but I still feed my cats raw
I feed Nature's Variety frozen raw and raw meat that has a pre-mix added to it. The raw meat I buy at the independent pet store. It comes already ground up in chubs / rolls. Depending on what the store has I buy boneless organ less chubs and with bone and organ chubs. Some people like to buy ground raw meat from Hare-Today.com

It sounds like you are sort of feeding a frankenprey diet right now. Make sure to get the ratio right: 80% muscle meat, 10% raw bone, 5% liver, and 5% other organs. A supplement may or may not be needed. You might find similar frankenprey recipies here:

http://www.thecatsite.com/t/219695/what-does-your-menu-look-like

http://catcentric.org/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/My-Feeding-Schedule.pdf

abby2932

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Are you feeding liver too? All the rest sounds great as long as it is balanced.

- Your muscle meat and heart should account for about 80% of the diet

- the total amount of bone alone should be about 10%

- and you absolutely must feed liver...liver should be no less than 5% of the diet. or 7-8% if it is the only organ you are offering

dhammagirl

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hi catpirate
I feed raw ground rabbit with bones and organs, and sometimes fur, from Hare-Today, with some raw boneless chicken I grind in a small manual grinder. I add Alnutrin. I also give one cat, my "most advanced eater" raw rabbit chunks with bones, raw whole adult mice and pinkie rats, also from HT, and whole raw chicken wings, hearts, gizzards, and liver. There was a learning curve for him with eating big chunks. At first he'd take it in like a grinder, and gag or regurgitate on it. Now he's learned to chew off pieces. He's very overweight, but giving him whole prey and big chunks slows down his eating and seems to make him feel more satisfied. He's lost 10 & 1/2 ounces so far. [emoji]128588[/emoji]