Who has a quiet cat?

beck4582

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Definately NOT me... Pepper talks CONSTANTLY! It's so funny... She grunts and whines and squeaks and meows. She seems to always be making some sort of noise.

hank_n_angel

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Definetly not me either, both Hankie and Angel are big talkers, ecspecially Angel. She talks back when ever you talk to her, its so cute. You say hey Angel and she will mew back, so cute I should get a vid =) Hankie doesnt really talk to people but he is very vocal when he plays and when he is trying to get Angel to come find him so he can tackle her. Silly cats.

gloriajh

FERAl born “Pepper”
Top Cat
Purraise
Miss Phoebe hardly says anything - the most vocal she is is when she's play fighting - then we have growls and hisses - rarely a meow - she uses body language to communicate. When she's hungry she "fish flops".

Simon, her bother, has a melodic meow - but uses his voice rarely, again another one that communicates with his body, like tapping me on the shoulder or head butting me when he's hungry.

KiKi - now here's a talker - his purr talk is awesome - I love how much he talks. When he's hungry - he talks about it!

Interesting topic.

epona

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Although Radar who I mentioned earlier is a quiet cat, my other 2 boys, both Orientals, more than make up for it!

Sonic is pretty talkative, he will come and tell me if he wants something, grumble and swear if something in his little world isn't absolutely perfect, and give a long drawn out 'weeeeeeeAOWWWWWWW' noise if he is in another room and wants you to come and look at something.

Jacob never stops! He just talks and talks and talks the entire time he's awake, and he even talks in his sleep! I know exactly what time he woke up this morning, because he started chatting away to us and the other cats before he'd even stretched

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Epona

Jacob never stops! He just talks and talks and talks the entire time he's awake, and he even talks in his sleep! I know exactly what time he woke up this morning, because he started chatting away to us and the other cats before he'd even stretched
ok, i don't know where i've been... but i didn't even know you HAD a THIRD cat!

naia

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I've a quiet cat, Luke.

We discovered the way to make him meow after we had him for over a year. He usually does it when he sees me holding his cat brush. He walks over to me and does his meow. That's about the only time he'll meow.

Before we discovered that, we've heard him meow like, twice, and both times my husband and I would look at each other completely amazed.

My cutie Luke.
He doesn't meow much, but he purrs 101% of the time!

EnzoLeya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
NOT ME!!!!!!!!!!

All three are talkers!!!!! Especailly when you come home. All three run to the door to say hello. They will actually meow every time you say hello or their name.

The like to meow if your not paying attention to them

strange_wings

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If you mean meow wise, Sho is very quiet. DH only recently discovered how to get him to meow - and it's a very quiet delicate meow.... not at all fitting for his size.

If you're counting other noises, then Sho makes up for it. He can sound like a stampede running through the house all on his own.

Tomas talks, and talks, and talks.... He's only quiet when he's sleeping.

zenoah

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Kisa May is'nt very vocal (only when she's mad)
When she does meow it's something like this.

Me...heeee...heeeett

or just

Meee....

and sometimes she'll open her mouth and nothing comes out.

iced tei

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
My baby has never been loud.. He will wail if you're holding something he REALLY REALLY wants. Like if you're eating tuna.

And sometimes he'll meow when he's hungry.

He is a very loud cat overall, though... Meaning he's always landing loudly after jumping, bumping into things, knocking over stuff, etc. Haha.

catnip

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Bagheera doesn't miaow much but he purrs a lot. Harry is the worst; he is sooooo loud!