Who gives their cats tuna?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

celestialrags

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Pat & Alix

I honestly can't see that anyone in this thread caught the importance of what I was saying. So, I'm home now, here is the article, please take the time to read it. It address the mercury issue, and explains why human tuna in oil can lead to steatitis and what that painful condition is.

The link goes to a pdf file, so you do need Adobe Acrobat's free reader installed.
http://www.gorbzilla.com/files%20for...about_tuna.PDF
Thanks for the info! I really appreciate it. These pamphlets are in kitten kits that I give to new pet owners that I adopt my kittens to I want the info I give to be accurate and up to date. I also like being able to give an owner answers and explanations for the info I give, not just tell them that's what it says. I want to be able to answer any questions they have, especially if it is about info that I have given them. Thanks, from me, and also from new adopters who will now have an answer to this artical if they ask

pat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by celestialrags

Thanks for the info! I really appreciate it. These pamphlets are in kitten kits that I give to new pet owners that I adopt my kittens to I want the info I give to be accurate and up to date. I also like being able to give an owner answers and explanations for the info I give, not just tell them that's what it says. I want to be able to answer any questions they have, especially if it is about info that I have given them. Thanks, from me, and also from new adopters who will now have an answer to this artical if they ask
We think alike. I've always been into saying/learning why to do or not to do something, not just 'do this'

eburgess

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It's high in sodium.. It's the same way a lot of red meat is harmful.... Limerick and Able a plateful of tuna in the morning by my Mom... We have been trying to get her to limit the amount.

Don't give them the entire can.... a bit here a bit there won't hurt them