Who else likes hot foods?

flisssweetpea

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Mmm I love spicy food. Indian is my favourite - we have a thriving Indian community here where I live so loads of fantastic restaurants. I don't like it so spicy it makes your lips numb though
. I prefer medium spicy with loads of flavour - and preferably loads of coriander (cilantro I think in the US am I right?). My favourite is Dopeaza - medium Indian curry with lots of tomatoes and onions.

jennyr

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I LOVE hot spicy food - Indian, Indonesian, hot Thai, Mexican, strong cheeses, and well flavoured dishes from anywhere. I hate boring bland food of any description. I can eat hot lime pickle straight from the jar and jalapeno peppers too. There is a theory that we are all programmed at different levels to want 'taste points' and until we have had enough 'points' for our own individual system we are not satisfied, however much we have eaten. It may be one of the many causes of obesity.

katl8e

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I also keep a jar of hot Chinese mustard and some ground horseradish. The mustard goes on pork and the horseradish on roast beef. I refuse to use that wimpy creamed horseradish - if it doesn't make your eyes water and your nose run, its not worth the bother!

For those of you bothered by the fire of hot stuff, eating a banana will help neutralize the burn. Water is no help at all. Its a good thing, that the heat doesn't bother me - I'm allergic to bananas.

batgirl2good

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I cannot eat Popeye's Chicken unless it's mild, and even wimpy wings are sometimes too hot

Students at my school have bags of HOT cheetos, and I do not see how they can eat those!

viki

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I love hot hot food, fried jalapinios papers with cream or chedar cheeses are my favorite. Also I love spicy fried sushi too.

ttmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
When I was pregnant, the hotter the better. For some reason it kept the nausea away. Now foods are back to being too hot for me, but I still like them spicy!

DH can't eat hot foods, they give him a temper.

mferr84

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
he had never heard of people putting jalapenos on burgers before, really
... i worked at two different places in high school, both of who had a burger called 'the jalapeno burger'.... and they were very very popular... i myself love love love love spicy hot foods, it kills my husband, but i think the more the better!! i add all kinds of hot peppers, including chipotles en adobe(sp?) to all of the mexican and spanish food i make, its wonderful, wonderful!

twofatcats

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by katl8e

For those of you bothered by the fire of hot stuff, eating a banana will help neutralize the burn. Water is no help at all. Its a good thing, that the heat doesn't bother me - I'm allergic to bananas.
What I've found cuts the heat best, when necessary, is to drink some milk. I once read what was supposed to be a scientific explanation of why milk cuts the heat, but I don't buy it. Supposedly the "hot" molecules in hot food are fat soluble, so the fat in milk would cut the burn. But I find that skim milk also neutralizes it far better than water, so that can't be an adequate explanation.

februa

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Im another big fan of the hot and spicy. Hot curries are no problem. I eat suicide wings without blinking. That being said, there are certain things I wouldnt want to be hot. LIke a hamburger
I fullly admit, Im a crazy picky eater.
To beat the hot, I recommend a piece of bread! any fatty beverage like milk is an excellent quick fix too!