Who else is sittin home alone with the kits for New Years?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

lisasha3

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by halfpint

I guess I should have tried to be some support for you, I'm sorry that you are feeling sad but why would you want to keep counting on him to do what you think is right, Maybe you need to change the way you are looking at New Years Eve, It's not all about couples at all. Don't you have a friend who isn't married or connected to someone that you enjoy having a good time with?
If I may I would like to leave you with something because I think it's so true, Maybe it won't mean quit the same thing to you as it did to me when I read it, First let me say that I lost the Love of my life in 1995 we were married for 32 years I was 16 he was 18 when he died I thought my life was over, then I remarried 9 years ago to a Great Person and I do Love him but it is nothing close to the same, he is nothing like My first DH but I know I can't change him he's a very good provider and a Smart wonderful guy and a Great Companion. But I finally realized that if I couldn't have what I wanted I needed to learn to be Happy with what I have, One Day my Daughter sent me this Writing and then I realized that you can't count on someone else to make you Happy only You can do that. I will leave it on here for you, It's just Food For Thought Hugs to you because I know your hurting

AFTER AWHILE YOU LEARN THE SUBTLE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN HOLDING A HAND AND CHANGING A SOUL,

AND YOU LEARN THAT LOVE DOESNT MEAN LEANING AND COMPANY DOESNT ALWAYS MEAN SECURITY, AND YOU BEGIN TO LEARN THAT KISSES ARENT CONTRACTS AND PRESENTS ARENT PROMISES

AND YOU BEGIN TO ACCEPT YOUR DEFEATS WITH YOUR HEAD UP AND YOUR EYES AHEAD WITH THE GRACE OF A WOMAN NOT THE GRIEF OF A CHILD.

AND YOU LEARN TO BUILD ALL YOUR ROADS ON TODAY BECAUSE TOMORROWS GROUND IS TOO UNCERTAIN FOR PLANS AND FUTURES HAVE A WAY OF FALLING DOWN IN MID FLIGHT.

AFTER AWHILE YOU LEARN THAT EVEN SUNSHINE BURNS IF YOU GET TOO MUCH SO YOU PLANT YOUR OWN GARDEN AND DECORATE YOUR OWN SOUL INSTEAD OF WAITING FOR SOME ONE TOO BRING YOU FLOWERS,

AND YOU LEARN THAT YOU REALLY CAN ENDURE.... YOU REALLY ARE STRONG... YOU REALLY DO HAVE WORTH... AND YOU LEARN AND YOU LEARN WITH EVERY GOODBYE, YOU LEARN
Thank you so much for that. It did mean a lot. Maybe I'm being too superficial. I can only dream of what you've had.
I do have a very good friend that is not married and I do hang out with alot, but I was unable to reach him over the past week. His family is not from around here and it's possible he went home for the holidays.
Originally Posted by Pami

Oh Lisa, that is just not right. Dont answer his phone calls for a few days and think it over. He could have done more than message you. You know you have all of us here, so stay strong and dont let anyone "try" to bring you down for the new year.
Thank you Pami. I agree and won't be able to be reached for sometime. It hurts so much to be replaced.

Originally Posted by churchi4cubs

I'm home alone. It kind of stinks but I'm more of a homebody than a go out and get drunk kind of guy. It would have been nice to go out for a nice dinner and a movie with a sweet young lady, but alas, there are none to be found right now.
Sweet lady here! (not that young though - and slightly tarnished
)

It's 11:00 - my daughter has been so sweet. Had her friend stay here cause she felt bad for me being here alone on New years. Been chatting with them for the last hour or so. Was really nice and got my mind off things, but at the same time, she's 15 and I know spending time with mom is not top of her "cool" list, so I set her free to have fun the rest of the night. I guess now since we are only an hour away - time for me to turn in. I still can't stop crying. I'm such a baby. I just feel so cheated.

catsknowme

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by lisasha3

I just feel so cheated.
Don't feel alone - my DH and I had planned to exchange gifts today, and he didn't buy me anything
He just got back from CO, from visiting his ex and her hubby and their teen son. The original plan was that I would delay getting my grandson till this weekend, so that we could go see his family in MI. And he's on the couch channel-surfing. Oh, well, I use the alone time the best I can. I might take a drive in the moonlight and listen to tunes

As for your friend's last minute message - "BAD FORM"

Before you go to bed, will come join us in the New Year's Eve game?? It's fun!

furryferals

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm not psychic,I just see through people
Well I was going to go out tonight,or should I say last night,but I really wasn't upto celebrating...but it's a good job I didn't because I have new neighbours at the back of me and they started setting off fireworks at 10 o'clock which really freaked my cats out

AFTER AWHILE YOU LEARN THE SUBTLE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN HOLDING A HAND AND CHANGING A SOUL,

AND YOU LEARN THAT LOVE DOESNT MEAN LEANING AND COMPANY DOESNT ALWAYS MEAN SECURITY, AND YOU BEGIN TO LEARN THAT KISSES ARENT CONTRACTS AND PRESENTS ARENT PROMISES

AND YOU BEGIN TO ACCEPT YOUR DEFEATS WITH YOUR HEAD UP AND YOUR EYES AHEAD WITH THE GRACE OF A WOMAN NOT THE GRIEF OF A CHILD.

AND YOU LEARN TO BUILD ALL YOUR ROADS ON TODAY BECAUSE TOMORROWS GROUND IS TOO UNCERTAIN FOR PLANS AND FUTURES HAVE A WAY OF FALLING DOWN IN MID FLIGHT.

AFTER AWHILE YOU LEARN THAT EVEN SUNSHINE BURNS IF YOU GET TOO MUCH SO YOU PLANT YOUR OWN GARDEN AND DECORATE YOUR OWN SOUL INSTEAD OF WAITING FOR SOME ONE TOO BRING YOU FLOWERS,

AND YOU LEARN THAT YOU REALLY CAN ENDURE.... YOU REALLY ARE STRONG... YOU REALLY DO HAVE WORTH... AND YOU LEARN AND YOU LEARN WITH EVERY GOODBYE, YOU LEARN
Lois,That is so true......

Even when I'm on my own I'm never alone ......because I have me!!
and my kitties of course

halfpint

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
furryferals [img said:
https://statich.thecatsite.com/images/smilies/frown.gif[/img] Lois,That is so true......

Even when I'm on my own I'm never alone ......because I have me!!
and my kitties of course

One more thing I learned is that no matter what you go through you will still be standing if you choose to. You may not think that because of what your going through but you will.

pami

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

One more thing I learned is that no matter what you go through you will still be standing if you choose to. You may not think that because of what your going through but you will.
That is so true! You are so wise, Lois!

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
New Year's Eve is an excuse for people to go out & get smashed. Then so many people drive home drunk. I'm a downer on New Year's Eve, too. I don't drink, nor am I old enough to legally do so. I don't care to drink. Sorry your new years has to be so crappy. I just don't see why it should have to be a couples thing. My only man to kiss at midnight is Dorian. And, BTW, I am proud as he is so much more faithful than any other man!

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
It is now 12:04 and DH is knocked out on the couch. I tried to wake him up when it turned to midnight....all he did was rollover and curl up in a ball, because he knocked the blankets on the floor. I love him anyway!

We ran some errands earlier this evening and got subs. I just finished watching National Treasure and that's about it. I did pickup some eggnog, but haven't had a sip. I'd rather not be out, plus it's just started raining again just before midnight. Our town has a 'First Night' event, but I'm not into it. Maybe if I went with a group of friends, but most of my friends are now scattered so that's not happening.

pami

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by MoochNNoodles

It is now 12:04 and DH is knocked out on the couch. I tried to wake him up when it turned to midnight....all he did was rollover and curl up in a ball, because he knocked the blankets on the floor. I love him anyway!

Im an hour behind you. Happy New Year!!!!!

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am. I made myself a nice dinner of pork roast, roasted veggies and apple sauce. Had white cheese flavoured popcorn to snack on and watched "Pirates of the Carribean - Dead Man's Chest". Didn't even know what the time was until almost 12:30, LOL

I just did my dishes. Now I'm having a bowl of chocolate soy ice cream and a cup of decaf and heading to bed.

Happy New Year everyone

EDIT: Dump the jerk. He isn't going to change and you shouldn't expect him to. Love is unconditional and you shouldn't be expecting or hoping someone will change their ways. In 9 years he hasn't changed, so why would he now?

This guy sounds like an insensitive jerk and why are you wasting your life (9 years of it!!!!) on this twit? He once again dashed your hopes, and be honest, you knew it was going to happen before it did, and now you are sitting pining away because he lived up to your expectations of letting you down.... again!

Pick up your self esteem and kick the jerk to the curb (and stay away from him). He's bad news!!! Make 2007 a year that you will remember and be happy.

You're a convenience to him. Always available and whether or not he's found someone new or not, it sounds like you're his "in betweenie" for when he doesn't have other plans or something better to do or someone better to hang out with.

I speak harshly, only because I've been in your shoes. And I finally picked myself up and realized that I deserved better and I kicked him to the curb and have never looked back even when he contacted me trying to reconcile. I told him that I had moved on and that he should to. You need to do the same.

jennyr

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It's the right time to move on - take hte opportunity of a new year. And never be afraid of being alone - too many people are lonely in a relationship. I spent last night with my favourite people - my animals and we all loved every minute of it!

kiwideus

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Hubby and I spent the night at home, we let our 6 year old son stay up late, after all, its only once a year and we spent it with the cats and watched some dvds. For new years day, we went to my parents and spent the day there, where my 82 year old grandfather had heaps of fun playing our buzz junior jungle party game. Its now after 10pm on new years day and so our day is winding down, thank goodness!
I ate way too much at the barbeque!!!!

ashleigh

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I spent the new year watching jools holland with his orchestra and an attire of musical guests, turned over to watch the countdown and big ben chime and live fireworks on the BBC from the London eye, must say they quite impressed me this year!

DH and I toasted the new year with one drink, and the old tradition of opening the back and front door...my nan always said the bad luck would go out and the good luck come in, rang my daughter who was in London who couldn't hear me lol. It doesn't bother me not going out, i'd rather be here with the cats anyway.

theimp98

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Blah i would sooner stay home, Then to deal with people in the bars and night clubs.

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
I hope things look a bit brighter this morning, Lisa - despite the pouring rain outside

I agree with the others that you have wasted enough time on him, and you need to move on. He obviously isn't going to change. Look at 2007 as an opportunity to shake things up a bit for yourself. It's a bright shiny New Year and it could be a great one for you

As far as how we rang it in, I am recovering from a nasty cold, so antibiotics and prednisone meant no drinks for me
We had an early supper at the Irish pub, and came home and watched movies. Aaron was asleep by midnight, but I had orders to wake him up right before. He then promptly fell back asleep

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

lisasha3

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by white cat lover

Sorry your new years has to be so crappy. I just don't see why it should have to be a couples thing. My only man to kiss at midnight is Dorian. And, BTW, I am proud as he is so much more faithful than any other man!
Not sure why I always thought of it as a couple's holiday, but I did. Maybe it's just all the folks you see kissing. I've always thought of it as being bigger than Valentine's. Maybe that's why I get so screwed up every year by it and we wind up fighting.

Originally Posted by gailuvscats

Bottom line, your boyfriend blows!!! Move on FAST!!
Thank you! I needed to hear that!

Originally Posted by Natalie_ca

EDIT: Dump the jerk. He isn't going to change and you shouldn't expect him to. Love is unconditional and you shouldn't be expecting or hoping someone will change their ways. In 9 years he hasn't changed, so why would he now?

This guy sounds like an insensitive jerk and why are you wasting your life (9 years of it!!!!) on this twit? He once again dashed your hopes, and be honest, you knew it was going to happen before it did, and now you are sitting pining away because he lived up to your expectations of letting you down.... again!

Pick up your self esteem and kick the jerk to the curb (and stay away from him). He's bad news!!! Make 2007 a year that you will remember and be happy.

You're a convenience to him. Always available and whether or not he's found someone new or not, it sounds like you're his "in betweenie" for when he doesn't have other plans or something better to do or someone better to hang out with.

I speak harshly, only because I've been in your shoes. And I finally picked myself up and realized that I deserved better and I kicked him to the curb and have never looked back even when he contacted me trying to reconcile. I told him that I had moved on and that he should to. You need to do the same.
Natalie - I love you!
What you said above makes me feel so much better. Sounds like you were in the exact situation I am/was in, because you've pinpointed so many of my feelings. I'm happy to know that there is hope for me.

Originally Posted by Ashleigh

and the old tradition of opening the back and front door...my nan always said the bad luck would go out and the good luck come in,
Maybe I should try that.

So I"m happy to say I'm feeling a bit better this morning. Thanks to all of you for your kind words and support last night. It always makes me so happy to know I have so many friends I can lean back on.

Although I do have to say this New Year is NOT off to a good start. Our tennant cat upstairs poo'd on a pillow near his hiding spot cause my daughter had a friend over (he's scared of his own shadow and apparently was too scared to come out to use his box). I felt so bad, but had to put him in her bathroom where he could hide in the cabinet safely and use his box. Sooooo, had to clean up cat Poo and throw away a good pillow. Then woke up at 6am with a flaming headache (probably from all the cryin I did last night), tylonol was in the car and it was pouring out - so out in my pajamas I went at 6am in the pouring rain.
. Then as I get snuggled back in my warm bed, at 6:45 my younger daughter calls from her friends house. Her friend is really sick and she needs to come home. So had to get in the car, drive to her house and pick her and another friend up, come home and make up the guest bed for her and her friend. and now mine probably will get it cause that same friend spent the night at MY house the previous night. THEN (yes my morning gets better and it's only 10:30). My X mother-in-law calls. One of my older daughters friends called her at 6am this morning, asked for my daughter (who was at my house) and told my MIL that he was from Banknorth and my daughter had purchased 2 Bruins tickets with a credit card and the number didn't go through, could he have the billing information again.
Mind you this is a 15 year old kid!! So now I"ve got my daughter tryin to figure out who it is amongst her friends and we are reporting him to the Police department. OH YEAH - one last thing - my boyfriend (and I use that term very losely) was sweet enough to text me a Happy New Year message - at 3:19am!!!!
That's about 3 hours 20 minutes too late
Please let this day go a little smoother.........

catsknowme

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What a hectic morning!!! Well, if such crises haven't taken your spirit down yet (and by your sense of humor, I can see it hasn't), I have to say that you are ONE AWESOME LADY and a blessing to all whose paths you cross!!!

To steal the words from one of my favorite songs, you've got cat class and you've got cat style!

gemlady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It was a quiet night at home for me, Mom, and the kits. (Until Ari went on a tear about 11pm. ) Mom and I are both recovering from a cold and just aren't up to the rigor of a party.

I know my nephew and his wife had an informal one planned at their house. They bring in the beer and play card games all night.