Who else hates it when...

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Duchess15

I can tell you I will never go to this wal-mart again. The one in Killeen is the worst in the nation! Fort Hood is right next to us (the largest military installation in the free world) and this wal-mart also generates the most revenue than any other in the nation. Thus, the major problem. It will only get worse because they are closing more bases here in texas and sending them all here.
Its not just WalMart that has this problem- its pretty much every place that has carts! Its frusterating when you just want to shop, adn have to worry about ramdom carts ramming into your car!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

duchess15

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by babyharley

Its not just WalMart that has this problem- its pretty much every place that has carts! Its frusterating when you just want to shop, adn have to worry about ramdom carts ramming into your car!

lunasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by babyharley

I was thinking about that today since I went to the grocery store and half the parking spots were filled with carts.

I will admit though...I use to be that horrible person that would target the people that do this and say things like
"Thank you for raising my Auto Insurance"
and
"Your butt wouldn't be so big if you actually took the extra time to walk the cart back to the cart return."

Yes...I was given the bird quite often in my day

catsarebetter

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Duchess15

That would have made me sooooooo mad! I cussed up a storm one time because I was waiting for someone to pull out of the second slot and this nimrod in the 4 slot could see I was close to behind him and he decided to start backing up even though he knew he couldn't get out!!!
He would have HIT MY NEW CAR had I not backed up!!! I mean what the hell is wrong with him??? I should have gotten out and banged on his window and asked what his
problem was! So I just flipped him off and he looked at me like I did something wrong!! This is why I hate driving and the public in general. I don't think one day goes by that I don't encounter some stupidity somewhere.
Ugh! And people often just don't get why I would rescue one of my cats before I'd rescue some people out there... I've often thought of carrying around eggs to toss at offending people's cars. The problem with that is.. my aim isn't that good.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

duchess15

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by CatsAreBetter

Ugh! And people often just don't get why I would rescue one of my cats before I'd rescue some people out there... I've often thought of carrying around eggs to toss at offending people's cars. The problem with that is.. my aim isn't that good.
LOL...I've often thought of carrying a nice rock in my car, but I can't throw left handed!

larussa

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
There is one Stop and Shop that needs a coin to use the carriage. I go to Shoprite and they are free there. I know where your coming from tho, I would really be PO'd if it was my car, especially a new one.

ryanjay

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
In my area all the major supermarkets you do the quarter for the cart. they all have plenty of slots in the lot to reutrn it so i always do. walmart has the quarter but most of the time i get a "free cart" paid for but yet abandonded int the lot lol. kmart has no return slots in the parking lot-only at the store and I never bring them back there. target has no quarter thing BUT has PLENTY of slots in the lot so always return it.

foxfire

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Potential dents is the reason, if there's a cart near where I park, I'll wheel it into the store and use it. If I've parked some distance from a corral, I'll wheel it toward the front of the parking space and angle it so that it's less likely to roll.

Sure am sorry about your cars.

catsallover

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I read in the paper about a grocery store somewhere that had a cart parking spot for every parking place- you got your cart when you parked, you left it when you left. As long as they kept up the carts (or had a few extras inside to exchange a broken cart with), I could go for that, especially when it's dark, or raining and I have at least one toddler with me
. When they put in our new Super WM, they didn't put cart returns in the front HALF of the parking lot.
They've got 'em now!

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
There's a grocery store here called "Aldi" - they do the coin/chain thing with the baskets for that very reason. I hate it when people do not return their carts! It drives me crazy. I always take mine back to where it belongs.It's rude not to!