Who else has over 100 Heat?

whisky'sdad

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Last couple of days here, it has been triple digits....102, 105, 110, etc. I do my outside work in the morning and evening and my inside work during the day.

On a side note, to those that live in Vegas, AZ, etc. HOW DO YOU STAND IT????
I couldn't bear having that kind of heat for long periods of time! And I get hot pretty easy so anything above about 85-90 is too hot for me to do anything outside for a long period of time.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

mews2much

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have been to Kingman.
They say 111 for us now and have added Tstorms to teh forecast.
Mostly sunny becoming partly cloudy. Isolated afternoon showers and thunderstorms. Hot. Highs 105 to 111. Light winds becoming west around 15 mph in the afternoon.

\tTonight...
Isolated evening thunderstorms...otherwise mostly clear. Lows 60 to 70. West winds 10 to 15 mph decreasing to up to 10 mph after midnight.

catkiki

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It is 103 right now... I pity the people that don't have AC but only a swamp cooler. They have a write up in the paper about how to avoid becoming overheated. One place they advise to go it the library or mall. Me, I am just staying inside with the AC on.

The only heat I want right now is my salsa I am going to be making in my new food processor.

endorphins

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
It's been so hot here lately, I feel like I should take advantage of the 92 degree weather and wear a sweater! HA! I moved to Texas in January of this year from a very cool, wet, fairly dark place, so this new weather is blowing me away. We were blessed with some rain and thunderstorms (I love 'em, but man, even these sent my claws into the ceiling) over the past few days, so it's been a bit cooler. I do hope it continues...the fields are starting to look green again.

hopehacker

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
No A/C or Swamp Cooler for me. I just have fans. This morning I went out and purchased one of those giant powerful round fans, then I go stand in the shower with my clothes on and sit in front of it. It works just like air conditioning, until I dry off, then it's back to the shower and getting wet again.

*pepper*

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Whisky'sDad

On a side note, to those that live in Vegas, AZ, etc. HOW DO YOU STAND IT????
I couldn't bear having that kind of heat for long periods of time! And I get hot pretty easy so anything above about 85-90 is too hot for me to do anything outside for a long period of time.
Quite honesty, I will take the 110 + heat over Humidity ANY DAY. I lived in Florida and the humidity is UNBEARABLE. At least when it is hot here in Vegas, you can stand in the shade and be a little cooler, or wait until nighttime when it is really nice.

whisky'sdad

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I can't remember where I saw it online, but there is a product that you slip over your floor fan and add an ice pack to it so it blows cold. I'm sure you have to change it every so often.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

mews2much

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thats the one I was talking about and posted in this group. I do not remember the website though.

mzjazz2u

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It's been 96-99 here the last week or so... > 100 is on it's way soon, I'm sure. The air quality has been bad too so I've had to pretty much stay inside because of my asthma.

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
I'm getting hot just reading this thread! Right now it's 79° (at almost 9 p.m.), and is supposed to go down to 66° by the wee hours. The forecast for tomorrow is 77° and rain, with 79° and rain on Tuesday.

That's about as warm as I want it to get, as we don't have a/c, either. Like Hope, we close the windows and shutters during the day to keep the hot air outside, and use fans.

It's been known to hit 100° here, but that's rare. So few places have air conditioning that there's really no place to go to cool off.

duchess15

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by jcat

I'm getting hot just reading this thread! Right now it's 79° (at almost 9 p.m.), and is supposed to go down to 66° by the wee hours. The forecast for tomorrow is 77° and rain, with 79° and rain on Tuesday.

That's about as warm as I want it to get, as we don't have a/c, either. Like Hope, we close the windows and shutters during the day to keep the hot air outside, and use fans.

It's been known to hit 100° here, but that's rare. So few places have air conditioning that there's really no place to go to cool off.
I am looking forward to cooler temperatures!!
It's been >100 for the past week and it is not going to get better. That does not include the heat index we get or the humidity. I got in my car one day after work and my car read 109! Good grief!