Who Else Has Horses?? Lets See Em!!!!

bnwalker2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
They're all "pets", basically. My boyfriend's dad used to do carriage rides and stuff with them, but hasn't for quite awhile. Pete was just rescued last spring from the Amish auction where he was bought by a butcher but b/f's dad bought him from the guy. All of the Belgians are already trained to pull, and Pete is supposedly ready to ride but I've never attempted it. Boomer is also a riding horse, the previous owner weighed over 400 pounds and couldn't ride a "normal" horse, so Boomer was his trail horse.

I can't even imagine how much these guys eat!!!
We go through one 50 pound bag of sweet feed a day divided into 2 feedings and one bale of hay between them at night... they have 13 acres to graze on during the day.

keisha

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Your horses are really pretty Britni. I love draft horses, my mom wants to get Percherons. I lov ethem especially. But they are huge.
I am getting anotther horse this week. He needs a home, and hes a stud. We are keeping him for the owners, since they dont have much pasture available for their horsses right now. And they will bring him back to their house next spring when they want to use him to breed. But we might keep him, hes a real sweetie for a stallion. And hes very pretty. He would be kept in a separate pasture then lea, unless we want to breed them. But we probably dont.
I got soem new updated pics of Lea today, shes looking better now than she did in the winter with all that long hair.

You can see her cockaburs there. She got into them somewhere, and she doesnt like them to get pulled out at all. So shes been walking around with them right on her mane.

hissy

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
your cockleburrs, spread some crisco shortening on those buggers, wait about a half an hour and they will slide right out of her mane when you brush her. My horses are on my website www.equinelove.com

keisha

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by hissy

your cockleburrs, spread some crisco shortening on those buggers, wait about a half an hour and they will slide right out of her mane when you brush her. My horses are on my website www.equinelove.com
wow, thanks i'll have to try that!