Who else has allergies?

pinkdaisy226

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Aw Heidi, Stephanie don't come here if you're allergic to Ragweed! We had it pretty bad a few weeks ago... everyone at work was suffering! Don't worry though, I'll come to y'all!

As for me... I'm allergic to Sudafed and like Nyquil and Dayquil. The first one is something my mom noticed, the last two is something I've noticed... it just makes me feel real weird and I don't like that feeling.

sylorna

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by WellingtonCats

I've got extremely senstive skin and I'm allergic to alot of things, lots of things in the grass make me very itchy and swell up! *sigh*
Yeah, me too...hypersensitive skin was what the doctor told me.
I'm even allergic to the allergy tests (I'd test positive for everything) because poking or scratching my skin results in a hive normally.
I'm also allergic to penicilin,
cold water
VH plum/sweet and sour sauce
My guinea pig
chlorine
and I think I might be allergic to feathers as well...or at least their mites (ewww mites)
Oh and housework...I forgot! I'm allergic to housework!

adiasmum

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
i'm allergic to codeine, dust, grasses, pollen, smoke, and feathers (as in feather pillows, etc).

mistys mum

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
my allergy is wierd, its my cats I sneeze most of the day and have to take a antiehistamien each day but I will not get rid of my cats thay are worth sneezing for

grapegal45

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I have a bunch of them, have for years, but since I stopped drinking milk 4 years ago ( I drink soy milk now
) my allergies have improved big time ( the asthma part in particular), to the point where I am no longer allergic to cats....that was a happy day for me!
I still am allergic to:
ragweed (big time)
mold
cigarette smoke
most spray perfumes
most chemical cleaning things
rats
milk, onions, garlic
too much dust
strong fake smells-real smells like flowers and essential oils have never bothered me.

I make my own soap and most of my cleaning products and that has improved things significantly. I generally only am bothered if I'm around really strong stuff and and then during the ragweed season I automatically take antihistamines and I'm generally good. As long as I'm careful life is pretty good in the allergy department, although I still have to avoid as much as possible the above mentioned things. I think polluntants, chemicals and milk really compromise the immune system for many people.

And yes, I would be allergic to housework too!

captiva

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I have many allergies but not too many really bother me for some reason or maybe that's what morphed into asthma in my early 20s . I did the skin prick test on 40 things (various grasses, plants, molds, animal dander). I was allergic to 35 of them. Anyway, the only thing that really bothers me much are pine needles and cat scratches.

jugen

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm allergic to
ampecillin
penicillin
eurthromycin
anything in the cillin family
bees
dust
feathers

I used to be allergic to tomatoes but I outgrew that thankfully I love tomatoes!