who am i? ♥️

saammm

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
this is theo! she was adopted from a friend who told me she is a mix of siamese and siberian (neither purebred, i don't think). she's improved my life so much since the pandemic started and i cannot imagine my life without her anymore!

how would you describe her? ♥

she's quite small (was only 4.5 lbs at 6 months) with distinctive tabby patterns along her paws, ears, face, ans tail that are darkening every day it feels like! she also has a brightly speckled tummy with some long hair which she refused to allow photographed today (haha).

she's engaged and very friendly but not super cuddly and makes some of the most unique sounds i have ever heard from a kitten. (we call it beeping. she rarely meows but is super vocal with trills and chirps. definitely not the typical noises from a siamese!)

i love her dearly and would love to know what you think she'll be like when she's a bit older and especially when the temperature drops again. (she's about 7 months now.)

dying to know as i have not really seen many cats that look like her.

Attachments

vince

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Perhaps she vocalizes like my little girl Meep. She didn't meow when she was a kitten, but made this "meeeeeep" long cry, so that's what I called her. She eventually started meowing like any other cat. Most likely she learned to meow from the other two older cats here.

Sorry, no input as to your girl's looks. I'm not all that good at breed identification. All I can offer is that she looks like one of those "medium" long haired varieties.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
this is theo! she was adopted from a friend who told me she is a mix of siamese and siberian (neither purebred, i don't think). she's improved my life so much since the pandemic started and i cannot imagine my life without her anymore!

how would you describe her? ♥

she's quite small (was only 4.5 lbs at 6 months) with distinctive tabby patterns along her paws, ears, face, ans tail that are darkening every day it feels like! she also has a brightly speckled tummy with some long hair which she refused to allow photographed today (haha).

she's engaged and very friendly but not super cuddly and makes some of the most unique sounds i have ever heard from a kitten. (we call it beeping. she rarely meows but is super vocal with trills and chirps. definitely not the typical noises from a siamese!)

i love her dearly and would love to know what you think she'll be like when she's a bit older and especially when the temperature drops again. (she's about 7 months now.)

dying to know as i have not really seen many cats that look like her.
Hello saammm saammm and adorable Theo, and welcome to TCS!
Your beauty definitely has Siamese genes, and that is easy to spot because of her points. She has blue eyes, too, doesn't she? A Siamese feature, definitely. She is Siamese mixed with other genes, probably unknown. The important thing is that she is your cat and you love her, right! She's gorgeous.
My beloved angel Tashi looked very much like Theo. points, stripes, semi-long fur, and in her case, violet eyes. She turned up in our yard as a kitten. I scooped her up and adopted her. I always referrred to her as Birman, but as far as I know, she was not "purebred."
Theo's coat may lengthen and thicken in colder months -- or it may not. Her points may darken -- or not. It's hard to tell. But no matter what form her beauty takes, she IS lovely!
And as far as her voice goes, cats have over 100 vocalizations. Siamese and Siamese mix cats tend to be more talkative than others. And trills? You may want to read daftcat75's posts about his beloved angel Krista. She was a champion triller.

cataholic07

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I would say domestic semi longhair and the coloring is lynx point. No guarantees of percentage of siamese in her bloodlines to be honest as colorpoints are extremely common in domestic cats. :)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

saammm

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Perhaps she vocalizes like my little girl Meep. She didn't meow when she was a kitten, but made this "meeeeeep" long cry, so that's what I called her. She eventually started meowing like any other cat. Most likely she learned to meow from the other two older cats here.

Sorry, no input as to your girl's looks. I'm not all that good at breed identification. All I can offer is that she looks like one of those "medium" long haired varieties.
oh, my goodness. meep sounds absolutely adorable. thank you for sharing this! i don't have any other cats so definitely excited to see how her vocalisations change as she gets older!

Hello saammm saammm and adorable Theo, and welcome to TCS!
Your beauty definitely has Siamese genes, and that is easy to spot because of her points. She has blue eyes, too, doesn't she? A Siamese feature, definitely. She is Siamese mixed with other genes, probably unknown. The important thing is that she is your cat and you love her, right! She's gorgeous.
My beloved angel Tashi looked very much like Theo. points, stripes, semi-long fur, and in her case, violet eyes. She turned up in our yard as a kitten. I scooped her up and adopted her. I always referrred to her as Birman, but as far as I know, she was not "purebred."
Theo's coat may lengthen and thicken in colder months -- or it may not. Her points may darken -- or not. It's hard to tell. But no matter what form her beauty takes, she IS lovely!
And as far as her voice goes, cats have over 100 vocalizations. Siamese and Siamese mix cats tend to be more talkative than others. And trills? You may want to read daftcat75's posts about his beloved angel Krista. She was a champion triller.
oh, absolutely. it does not bother me even a little if she darkens, stays exactly the same, lightens, loses or gains hair as she ages... i adore her and just wanted to spread the love on the forums, hehe. ♥ this is my first time owning my own cat (though my family had a few) so i am pretty smitten.

yes, her eyes are blue and with her being 7 months now i believe they'll be staying this way. your tashi sounds just beautiful, too!

thanks for your words of advice! in the reading i've done myself i agree 100% that i don't think i'll really know until she's actually older.

and definitely about to look up other chirpy cats on the forum! i'm especially charmed by her sweet noises!

I would say domestic semi longhair and the coloring is lynx point. No guarantees of percentage of siamese in her bloodlines to be honest as colorpoints are extremely common in domestic cats. :)
cool, thank you! ♥ i am not much of an expert but just very interested and i appreciate it!

jefferd18

Ms. Jeff's Legacy
Top Cat
Purraise
Theo has some Siamese in her, mixed with some tabby and topped off with 100% adorable! She looks seal point which surprised me, I was thinking she should be more of a blue point. Don't ask why. Be glad that she doesn't have the Siamese voice.

LOL! I just noticed the last two pics and she's got cute cross eyes going on there. Another Siamese feature. ;)

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Theo has some Siamese in her, mixed with some tabby and topped off with 100% adorable! She looks seal point which surprised me, I was thinking she should be more of a blue point. Don't ask why. Be glad that she doesn't have the Siamese voice.

LOL! I just noticed the last two pics and she's got cute cross eyes going on there. Another Siamese feature. ;)
My mom's beloved pedigreed Seal Point Siamese male had eyes more crossed than mine at birth (!) and a kinked tail, too.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Both of which they tried so hard to breed out of the Siamese cat. I think its cute.
This was a LONG time ago. It would have disqualified him in more recent times, I know; but he was quite a guy. I was not born then, so never met him; but I have his pedigree and pictures of him. Unbelievably cross-eyed!

Flybynight

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
saammm saammm
Hi,
Pretty cat🌼
Siamese genes pop up not uncommonly in the domestic cat population, due to how popular the breed has been.
You can be sure more than one Siamese ancestor or to a lesser extent Burmese, if there is color pointing.
Breeds, that have used Siamese or Burmese in their mix are for a few popular ones, Ragdolls & Bengals, so she may have a parent as one of those breeds.

saammm

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
loving all of these anecdotes on this thread. thanks so much to everyone for sharing your stories!

i think the cross-eyed look is so charming, too. my stepdad has a siamese who barely has it but then my brother's old cat (ragdoll mix) was just unbelievably cross-eyed as well. it was adorable beyond words. she was not the brightest and the crossed eyes just added to her permanent look of struggling to comprehend the world, hehe. ♥

saammm

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
just thought i'd add to this post that i reached out to the person i got my kitten from and she sent me pictures of theo's mom and dad, if anyone is curious!

i find it fascinating, haha.

Attachments

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
just thought i'd add to this post that i reached out to the person i got my kitten from and she sent me pictures of theo's mom and dad, if anyone is curious!

Okay, so Mom is definitely mostly Siamese seal point. Dad is something else, presumably.

Reina’s Kittens

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Your kitty is GORGEOUS!!! :redheartpump::jawdrop:And so are the parents! The dad looks like Siberian or similar (yes I know many do not like to not to give a cat a specific breed name without papers
1623102254190.png
).

What a stunning kitten those two created!

jefferd18

Ms. Jeff's Legacy
Top Cat
Purraise

Theo won the gene lottery with those two as her parents. Those two are absolutely stunning.