White thick and soft stuff in my cat's clean water bowl

AB00

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi, i just found this in my cats water bowls, both of them, they were clean and from two different water dispensers, in two differnt house stories, it is easily removed with a tissue, it has no smell, they are stuck to the bottom of the bowl, what could this be? Could they vomited this?
The water in the one in the picture was filled less than 18 hours ago

My cats are both female, one is 1.5 years okd and the other is 2-3 month old

Appreciate any help

Attachments

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Usually, things in the bowl are bits that come out of the cat's mouth when they are drinking. You might try to check inside their mouths to see if you see anything if it doesn't look like anything they have been eating. Does it look remotely like anything they may have eaten?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

AB00

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Usually, things in the bowl are bits that come out of the cat's mouth when they are drinking. You might try to check inside their mouths to see if you see anything if it doesn't look like anything they have been eating. Does it look remotely like anything they may have eaten?
okay i just tested the theory that this might be littersand, got a bowl added water and a bit of littersand, it does look exactly the same, i just can't fathom how does a littersand end up in both water bowls, it has to be the kitten. but i never seen her getting her paws inside the water bowl, or having to littersand stuck to her paws to begin with, though it does stick to here bum and i try to clean it off before she licks it

Purr-fect

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I agree, its probably dissolved clumping kitty litter.

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You might watch them, if it is coming from the mouth of one of them eating litter, it can cause major intestinal blockages. If one of them is sticking their paws in the water, that would be alright. Now you just have to figure out which it is.