White Specks in Blue Wet Cat Food

merrysmurf

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Has anyone experienced this? My cat has Thyroid disorder and we can't afford for her to lose more weight. She throws up white specks and they feel hard like bone? Saw some if these specks when we opened a new can. Can anyone offer suggestions of a new food for picky eater with thyroid disorder?

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
Could be from some bone. 

I see that occasionally with Natures Variety. It is ok..

I am kind of cautious of Blue...just my opinion. My guy used to get sick when he ate it...

I am now giving him; Natures Variety Limited Ingredient food, or the Pride line from NV.. they are high protein, low carb. 

My guy does not have thyroid problems, but he does have IBD..so I am careful what I feed him. This is a good food line...

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

merrysmurf

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thank you Artiemom, I just can't see how ground up bone is beneficial. I will check the other two thanks for the suggestion.

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Ground up bone provides a natural source of calcium. Which Blue Buffalo canned food are you feeding? Is ground bone listed in the ingredients?

merrysmurf

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Well if she can't digest it then how does it help? Blue Basics limited ingredients indoor Turkey and potato. No bone is not listed...which is why I find it odd.

merrysmurf

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Since I switched her to this her coat is beautiful and her weight stabilized so it can't be that bad but I have never seen bone in it before and wanted others thoughts. So thanks for your help LTD3