White liquid dripping from cat's eyes!

marty88

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello! I am hopeful that someone on here has some information regarding the new cat I just adopted. I recently adopted a cat two weeks ago. She is a beautiful all white cat who is very friendly and loveable. She came with a history of possibly testing positive for FELV. She has to go for another test in September to confirm that she is positive. I do know that her immune system is weakened. When I adopted her, the foster mom had taken her to the vet to have her eyes checked out because there was a yellowish pus coming out of her eyes. They gave her drops, but the foster mom said that it made it worse. Her vet recommended to just leave them alone and keep an eye on it. Now it seems that there is a clear liquid coming from her eyes. Not sure what it is or if it is an infection. If anyone has any advice or knowledge, it would be most helpful. Thanks is advance!

stephanietx

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Any discolored discharge from the eyes is a concern.  Try to get her to the vet first thing tomorrow to have her checked out.  Sounds like the previous infection didn't quite get cleared up and she's had a little relapse.