White Bump on Face

gooseandbeans

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My cat is aprox 2 years old, a domestic short hair, a little bit chunky, and is an indoor only cat. She was adopted in October. One day in January, I came home and she was slightly bleeding from her face due to a bump that wasn’t there previously. This bump goes through phases where it bleeds and then it’s fine for a few days until it randomly bleeds again. She doesn’t scratch at the bump and it honestly doesn’t seem to bother her.

I’ve spent lots of time looking online without a clear answer. She’s since been to the vet but unfortunately we went during a period where the bump wasn’t bleeding. The vet said not to worry for now, but I am concerned since it’s bleeding again. Even worse, there’s a balding spot close to the bump (located just above her eye) that has appeared.

I don’t know what to do. Anything helps! Thank you in advance!

Attachments

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It is most likely a small tumor or growth. It is also most likely benign or harmless. unless it changes or grows quickly. The vet could remove it the next time you are in. if she ever has teeth cleaning you could do it then.

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I agree with the above, but in the meantime take some pics and send them to your vet so they can see what it looks like when it is bleeding. Maybe the vet might consider having you take her back to them to do a skin scraping (less invasive than a biopsy), or perhaps looking at it while it is going through this bleeding phase might give them a better idea what it is.