Whiskers temptations cat treats

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We like SPOT brand Feline Harvest dental treats for cats.  They come in several flavors, are grain-free and affordable.  We get ours from DrsFosterSmith.com. 

windstar350

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thank you, not sure if they are available in Canada. I have not seen these in the stores before, but I'll research it.  They do eat kibble for their teeth, larger kibble. and Golds dry along wth wet food.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You might visit the site and see if they ship there, if you can't find elsewhere.  But I would think that with globalization, they'd be findable up there. Their customer service number in US is 800-223-7768.  They are in New Jersey.  Don't know if you can call them from Canada but the main website is http://www.ethicalproducts.com and SPOT is the category to click on.  I researched but couldn't find anything directly related to retailers in Canada that sell them.  They have a lot of good reviews, by the way, and they do sell on amazon, if that helps.   Good luck! 

Last edited:

catagorically

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I started a year ago giving my cat treats. Party mix , temptation, greenies. Now what I have is a hellcat!!!! I've tried numerous things. My cat is maniacal without his "Party mix" fix. My story is over. The lesson is "Just say no to drugs" Thank goodness cats have 9 lives. The pusher man who makes this dope took my cat. Dont be fooled!!! Your cat will act like its in a Steven King novel! Cujo kitty then gets a premature trip to the pet semetary! Dont buy these "tricky treats" you'll regret it!!!!!

kmoulus

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
My cat has been eating Temptations for probably 10 years with no problems. Yes, these are basically Doritos for cats but I only give her about 5 per day. In fact, Temptations are the only way I can get her to take her medication. 

Speedy has taken daily heart medication for HCM for a decade. She will eat pretty much any pill as long as it is inside a Temptation, she actually comes running when I shake the pill bottle. Our regular vet and our veterinary cardiologist both say that just getting medication into the cat is half the battle and if a little junk food is what it takes to get the meds in her, so be it. 

Actually I have found that Whiskas has pretty good customer service. About 14 months ago Speedy advanced to CHF and switched to a low sodium diet. I wrote to a number of cat food companies looking for info on sodium levels and they were one of only a handful of companies who responded. And the sodium content is acceptable for her diet.

That's my personal experience. I am not trying to suggest that Temptations are health food but they certainly are not poising my cat. 

Last edited:

catagorically

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Good for you. My cat pukes up treats. Thats a good enough indicator me to stop feeding the treats! With the number of horror stories I've read I am not alone. Sorry your cat has ilnesses. Sounds like your cat has a great owner. If I'm reincarnated I hope I get an owner like you who will feed me treats and rub my tummy!