Whimsey Had His First Acupucture Session Today

esrandall2000

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I took my severe IBD kitty to a homeopathic vet today and the early signs are good. He has gallstones and when she stroked down his back where the associated meridians are located, he groaned and was uncomfortable. She used acupucture needles on those areas and while he didn't like being pricked, he soon settled down and actually fell asleep! She doesn't want to tweak with his diet until he's been on her supplements for two weeks and we see how it goes.

She added the following to the meds his regular vet has him on:
Standard Process Feline Enteric Support
Standard Process Feline Whole Body Support
Milk Thistle for his liver and gallstones
A Chinese herb which I can't pronounce.

He is currently on Reglan from his regular vet for nausea. It is helping, but I still have to hand feed him. She suggested adding one drop of virgin olive oil to his food because it contains the same basic components as Reglan.

So, we'll see how he goes. He goes back in two weeks for further evaluation.

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
ahh yes the joys of accupucture and fur kids...

I like what she put him on .. SP is great stuff..lol.. I gave up pronouces the herbs , at my house it was powder , tea pill or tinture

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

esrandall2000

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by sharky

I gave up pronouces the herbs , at my house it was powder , tea pill or tinture
You are right. It is "Free & Easy Wanderer Plus Teapills." I Googled it and it seems be helpful for everything from menstrual craps to liver issues.

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by esrandall2000

You are right. It is "Free & Easy Wanderer Plus Teapills." I Googled it and it seems be helpful for everything from menstrual craps to liver issues.
Yep.. love tea pills and they work well if the kitty is compliant
.. pill pockets help

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'm glad he enjoyed his acupuncture session! It's funny how much cats seem to love it...

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

esrandall2000

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I've noticed that Whimsey was definitely sleeping better and was calmer and less anxious after his acupuncture session yesterday. I really like the supplements that the homeopath has him on that address his liver and gallbladder. He also only woke me up once last night whereas before he would frantically wake me up 3-4 times for food, then turn his nose up at it
. She mentioned that it is during the hours of 1 - 4 a.m. that issues with the liver and gallbladder may make them crave food, but the nausea makes them unable to eat unless coaxed by a sleepy owner.

So far, so good.