While in Her litter pan peeing she missed

nonee

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My baby Girl Talullah Belle is a young Kitten only 4.5 months old she is very good since haveing her she has not had any problems with going in the litter pan as I clean it 2 and 3 times a day today is the Day I clean the pan empty wash and refill with fresh new Litter well she went in her pan but when she went she missed and irt went outside the pan on the carpet an absalute accident My Question is how do I clean it up good without detering my Baby from going in her litter pan? I don't know what to do I have never had a cat before well I have but my Girlfriend took care of everything now I am on my own and kinda lost Please help

strange_wings

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
To clean the carpet you need to get a enzyme cleaner. These can be found at pet stores and in the pet section of bigger department stores. About the best one you'll find in a store is Nature's Miracle. There are some better ones, but you'd have to order them.
Follow the instructions on the bottle.

Did you change anything with the litter this time? A little shallower? A little deeper? And how large is her litter box? It may be that she's growing and simply needs a bigger box with higher sides.
You can get a mat or go get some plastic carpet runner (put the pointy side down) to put on top of the carpet under the box to protect it from accidental misses.

rad65

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I second the enzyme cleaner advice. You want to get on that pretty quickly too, or your cat will smell the old urine and assume that spot is OK for her to piddle (I dont normally use that word, but what else does a baby kitten do? surely they don't "piss") in again. Even though you can't smell it, she still can.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

nonee

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thanks so much for responding so fast and with great advise I am gonna do the carpet runner thing and I am gonna get her a litter pan with a dome it was a 1 time thing but I gotta clean it with the stuff you said I will go to the pet store and get it Thank You so much
And My Baby Girl Thanks you too Meow Meow Meow (>^..^<)