While at the vet's today

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

hissy

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Just finished the 2 a.m. feeding here are some pics-

They are doing okay. I have been told they will probably not survive, but hopefully I can prove that wrong. I made a special batch of formula tonight to increase their odds. They could use prayers, they had a pretty rough start in life-

kittylover4ever

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If any of us can prove them wrong, MA can. Lots of good vibes headed their way............wish I could adopt them all from you!

awliston

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I am sure you are doing all you can plus more! That is all the little guys can ask for! I'll be praying for them also!

xocats

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I am sitting at my computer crying because of the injustice done to those sweet innocent angels & their Mother. Seeing their picture brings home the reality of how tiny & fragile they are

Thank God for caring humans like you.
All of you are in my prayers.

bossinova

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
MA, they're so tiny! I've never seen kittens so young, they are absolutely adorable! All of those babies are in my prayers. Please do keep us updated on their progress. With your knowledge and understanding, they have the best chances possible of survival.

chester&piper

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Look at how precious they are!
I'm sending lots of healthy vibes their way and keeping you all in my thoughts.

hissy

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Ok it's back to the vet we go in a bit. One of the kittens isn't doing well and nothing I am doing on this end seems to be helping. I'll let you know what they find out if anything-

laceydf

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I really hope the vet can help the little one!!! My thoughts are with you and the kitten, Mary Anne!

carolcat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Dear MA, hoping that the vet can solve the problem and sending hugs and prayers your way. Please keep us updated on how it is going.

pat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Me too, really hoping all will be well for all the remaining kittens.

hissy

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Ok here's the skinny, all the cats are gaining weight but one. The runt of the litter a boy, black and white cow kitty with gray. His tummy was turning red (he has no hair on his tummy or neck yet) vet believes he is from another male and the other 4 are from a different tom. He was getting pushed to the bottom of the pile and they were peeing on him, he had urine scald. He was also dehydrated, he stopped eating last night. He got subcu fluids, and is on antibiotic. I also got some special kitty formula with added colostrom in it. His paw is swollen and mishapen, the vet believes the other kitties are sucking on it.

They are now back home and Oliver (the sickly one) is in the same container as the others, but separated and his companion is snugglekitty. The one gray girl is now 5 ounces! The others are at 4 or 4.5 Oliver is still at three- I am also mixing the formula with pedialyte instead of water for him. The vet said overall they look good, they are strong, vocal and active. So here's hoping- at this age almost anything can happen, but hopefully all will pull through and I will find wonderful homes for these babies- (that's a hint people!)

kittylover4ever

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ohhh MA, that is so great! How I wish I could take them all. Comeon you west coasters, someone I know wants to adopt these adorable babies!

The poor little one, having been peed on and it's little paw sucked....awwwwwwwww

ilovecats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
They're beautiful, Mary Anne.
I can't belive how tiny they are.
I hope they all turn out alright. Prayers and vibes coming for the kittens and yourself~

(((((VIBES)))))

How are they today?

pat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Glad all is going well and I am so hoping Oliver pulls through...if it's possible, he will, thanks to the wonderful foster home he landed in.

carolcat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That's great news MA, keep up the good work and bless you for taking on these little kittys. I am sure you will be able to find good homes for all of them when the time comes. :-)