While at the vet's today

xocats

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I know that this thread is about the babies but when you get a chance MA, I would love to know more about Prowler. Did she get her name because of her hunting ability? I think that I remember seeing a photo of her standing on top of a door. I would love to see more pictures of her.
Of course the babies are all wonderful.

Originally Posted by hissy

She is being kept from them at the moment, she got a bit over eager with them the other day while grooming them. She still hasn't figured out what they are, and since she is my best hunter, I thought it wise to forbid her to see them.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

hissy

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Your kitty takes a leap into trying solid foods!

laceydf

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
i hope you're alright, Olly!!!

Ash, your little one is soooo precious...but then again, so are the rest of them!!!

hissy

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
This is just a G-R-R-R post-

Got a phone call this morning from someone wanting a kitten. Since we have a new kitten in the mix, I talked a bit to the caller. She was sounding good until I asked her what her stance was on declawing. She "is heavily into declawing, because she has antique furniture." I informed her that she will not be viewing my kittens, much less taking any home with her.
I am so sad how many cats toes get amputated just to save "fine furniture!"

pamela

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by hissy

This is just a G-R-R-R post-

Got a phone call this morning from someone wanting a kitten. Since we have a new kitten in the mix, I talked a bit to the caller. She was sounding good until I asked her what her stance was on declawing. She "is heavily into declawing, because she has antique furniture." I informed her that she will not be viewing my kittens, much less taking any home with her.
I am so sad how many cats toes get amputated just to save "fine furniture!"
How SAD that she wants to declaw!!!!!!!!
I agree with u- it's so frustrating that so many people are in favor of declawing. I WISH we could make it ILLEGAL to declaw in this country like some other countries..

hissy

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I don't want this to be a declawing thread- so here are the monsters- I mean sweethearts in their morning tussle

They just turned 5 weeks old, all are making the transition to solid foods well and using the litter boxes- they also are now at the stage where when mom's legs appear- they think "tree" and start to climb!

And Ash? Massey is Alpha of the group

pamela

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWw...
They're soo cute and appears to be THRIVING great under your care! Good job!

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Looking at these beautiful little "going concerns", who would ever have believed their shaky beginning! Too sweet, MA!

ash_bct

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Dumb woman!

MA I can't believe how big the babies are getting! They are sssoooo sweet
Especially Massey

rosiemac

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
This is the only experience i think i'll ever have in being in a room full of kittens!.

I sit here and imagine that i'm actually in the room with all of them, and i tell you what?, i'd get no work done at all because i'd be watching them play 24/7!

sashacat421

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
oh they are coming along splendidly!!! Just wonderful.
I have lots of antique furniture most of which I've restored myself, MA, you know of my upholstery....and my kitties always have had the run of the house and never declawed, ever!
Why doesn't she just put down a Berber or Sisal rug? She'd be surprised how fast they fall in love with clawing that instead of the furniture.

hissy

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by rosiemac

This is the only experience i think i'll ever have in being in a room full of kittens!.

I sit here and imagine that i'm actually in the room with all of them, and i tell you what?, i'd get no work done at all because i'd be watching them play 24/7!
LOL Susan-

Actually you wouldn't play long, their claws are needle sharp and when I go in there and sit on the floor they all attack me, climbing all over me to reach my neck and shoulders first. It hurts like the dickens and even though we keep their claws trimmed up, at this stage they grow so fast you can't tell the tips were cut off. I am just trying to make them the best- all around socialized kittens I can until they go off on their own adventures.