Which would you choose?

ladytimedramon

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Since Crave discontinued their wet line (why I have no idea) I've been looking for wet food that Delilah will eat consistently (meaning for more than 2 days). There are only 3 she'll eat from what I've tried: Wellness, Sheba, and Fancy Feast.

I've tried: Weruva, Nulo, Nutro, Soulistic, Solid Gold, Stella and Chewy, Tiki Cat, and a few others.

So if you were down to those 3 brands, which one would you choose? Or would you rotate those 3? Or should I keep looking?

Maurey

Maine Coon Madness
Top Cat
Purraise
Wellness Core pate is good, though best as part of a rotation — most formulations are fairly fatty, and they have guar gum in them. You can definitely use it as a lone food, but variety is always good, and not all cats do well on 30% fat foods consistently in their diet.

Sheba Perfect portions is okay, but pretty expensive for the quality, imo. The ingredient quality could be better (unspecified byproducts are commonly used), and most formulations contain tapioca starch. That said, perfectly fine to use as part of a rotation for the added variety, even if the protein content is kinda low (Under 50%).

Fancy Feast’s Purely line looks great, other than the guar gum, with very high protein and low carbs, though would probably be expensive as a main food. Their gourmet naturals line in shreds should be avoided, imo, as it has carrageenan, though the pate only has the guar gum.
Personally, I’d probably rotate between the best formulations of all three, as the Sheba has a different thickener used to the Fancy Feast and Wellness.

game misconduct

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Since Crave discontinued their wet line (why I have no idea) I've been looking for wet food that Delilah will eat consistently (meaning for more than 2 days). There are only 3 she'll eat from what I've tried: Wellness, Sheba, and Fancy Feast.

I've tried: Weruva, Nulo, Nutro, Soulistic, Solid Gold, Stella and Chewy, Tiki Cat, and a few others.

So if you were down to those 3 brands, which one would you choose? Or would you rotate those 3? Or should I keep looking?
i would pick wellnes its what i raised graycie on just tried feeding the signature select line of wellness with graycie probably grabbing a case of that next month for her instead of nulo

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

ladytimedramon

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Wellness Core pate is good, though best as part of a rotation — most formulations are fairly fatty, and they have guar gum in them. You can definitely use it as a lone food, but variety is always good, and not all cats do well on 30% fat foods consistently in their diet.
Unfortunately Pate is a no go. It has to be a blue moon with the correct alignment of stars for her to eat a pate.

Sheba Perfect portions is okay, but pretty expensive for the quality, imo. The ingredient quality could be better (unspecified byproducts are commonly used), and most formulations contain tapioca starch. That said, perfectly fine to use as part of a rotation for the added variety, even if the protein content is kinda low (Under 50%).

Fancy Feast’s Purely line looks great, other than the guar gum, with very high protein and low carbs, though would probably be expensive as a main food. Their gourmet naturals line in shreds should be avoided, imo, as it has carrageenan, though the pate only has the guar gum.
Personally, I’d probably rotate between the best formulations of all three, as the Sheba has a different thickener used to the Fancy Feast and Wellness.
That's what I've been thinking. I'm not fond of the fancy feast's ingredients, but it has a better recall history than Wellness and the good thing about it and Sheba is that they are easily available (in the ice storm, there was little available in the way of cat food beyond fancy feast and some really low end stuff).

Maurey

Maine Coon Madness
Top Cat
Purraise
Unfortunately Pate is a no go. It has to be a blue moon with the correct alignment of stars for her to eat a pate.
Wellness core line does have some good shredded foods, as well. I’d suggest checking out catfooddb, and going for foods in the 7-8+paws range. Definitely avoid carrageenan, but things like gums and tapioca are passable if your cat doesn’t have any tummy issues like IBD.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

ladytimedramon

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Wellness core line does have some good shredded foods, as well. I’d suggest checking out catfooddb, and going for foods in the 7-8+paws range. Definitely avoid carrageenan, but things like gums and tapioca are passable if your cat doesn’t have any tummy issues like IBD.
Tummy seems ok so far (knock on wood). The problem with "shreds" is they can't look like shredded meat. Seriously. I tried giving her from Tiki Cat, Weruva, and another brand the chicken version and she walked right away from them.

Yes, she is spoiled rotten. I haven't tried the core line. I'm going to the store tomorrow and I'll grab a can to try.

game misconduct

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
graycie doesnt seem to like pates only the shredded or morsels type foods :lol: and yet i dont seem to ever catch her chewing the foods unless they are freeze dried treats