Which task at work...

kittykook

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by dawnofsierra

All of the documentation required in Nursing...I didn't become a Nurse to take care of lawyers and insurance companies.
Amen! Our hospital is really bad about that too. You would think that a large state of the art teaching hospital would have their act together as far as the paperwork. But Nooooooo! If I discharge a patient today and they come back in the morning.....I have to redo ALL the admission paperwork by hand! You would think in this technological age, there would be a software program to automate that process. (which I'm sure there is......we just don't have it)

okeefecl

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I hate trying to get free stuff from our sales reps. My boss is always pushing for freebies, which makes my relationship with the reps harder. I don't think he realizes that if he backed off, they'd probably be more than happy to give us samples.

valanhb

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by rosiemac

My job is a receptionist so i have to answer the phones but like you Heidi i hate it when they ask how long the meeting will be etc....i always feel like shouting " HOW LONGS A PIECE OF STRING?!"

Not only that but if no one has got back to a customer quicker than they wanted, they take it out on me!.

I love it though because i really keep calm which irritates them more and i know their blood pressures up!!!
Amen to that!

I usually want to ask them, "And did you inform your receptionist how long you expect this phone call to be before you called?"

But yes, the receptionists motto must be "Kill them with kindness".
Well, except for pushy cold-sales calls. I don't have to be nice to them.

KittenKrazy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, since I work for myself, all tasks are fair game.....if I'm the only one here, whatever it is, I have to do it, and I agree with Heidi, I HATE to answer the phone. I don't know why, I just hate to have to do it!

kellyyfaber

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I really hate dealing with the public when you are in a really bad mood or just don't feel like talking to anyone.

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I work for a really large company and we have alot of "procedures' to follow. They can drive your nuts looking stuff up in these "procedures" to make sue you are doing everything EXACTLY THEY WAY IT SAYS!! That and lazy people who cannot complete paperwork properly and expect me to do it for them. Sorry that's not my job-that's yours!! Thank goodness I only have 164 days left!!

sashacat421

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
OMG!
Let me tell ya! The constant hand-holding for people who should not be exposed to technology!
The Chairman of the Board here is into his 80's and retired. He works about 1/2 day in the corner office, but he insists on trying to keep up with everything but he doesn't really do anything, and it's just constant hand-holding. He will open his Outlook eight or nine times and wonder why his computer jams. Then he'll see an email message and hollar at me, "Eddie! What is this envelope on my screen?" I can show him this stuff every day and because he has no short term memory, we go through the motions every single day. It's like babysitting. Do you remember the character of Mr. Banks in the movie Mary Poppins??.......that's him.
He even keeps 88 pennies in his desk drawer because he was furious at the petty cash clerk for leaving them to charity when she had a surplus balance.