Which probiotics are best?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

queenof3

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
@goHolisitic, LOL! That is hilarious...He probably thought, 'nice cover up, lady!' LOL
Thanks for the laugh. I really needed it :)

peaches08

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I used to buy hemorrhoid ointment as a wound cream for the horse, it was great on bendy places like joints that constantly wanted to reopen.  It never failed, I always knew someone at the register.  Keep in mind I was in my teens.  Today?  Today I'd lean over and chat it up and swirl the tube in the air. 

Back to the regular programming...

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

queenof3

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Lol :clap:

msserena

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Has no one tried the Nusentia Probiotic Miracle or the NWC Naturals Total-Biotics? The cheapest I found on ebay was like $50 a bottle. They are both powder with a little tiny scoop. They are made for pets & I have gone through one bottle & I'm now on the Probiotic Miracle. I can't tell if they work.

My concern is the magnesium that's in it. Magnesium can I think raise a urine ph. I have taken the ph when the kitties were on it & when they were off. I don't know if I'm crazy but I swear it was different. I contacted both companies & they said the amount that's in there shouldn't be that much to affect their ph. I wonder if anyone else has had any experience like this. 

I haven't given it in a couple days & will check the ph's AGAIN.

goholistic

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Has no one tried the Nusentia Probiotic Miracle or the NWC Naturals Total-Biotics? The cheapest I found on ebay was like $50 a bottle. They are both powder with a little tiny scoop. They are made for pets & I have gone through one bottle & I'm now on the Probiotic Miracle. I can't tell if they work.

My concern is the magnesium that's in it. Magnesium can I think raise a urine ph. I have taken the ph when the kitties were on it & when they were off. I don't know if I'm crazy but I swear it was different. I contacted both companies & they said the amount that's in there shouldn't be that much to affect their ph. I wonder if anyone else has had any experience like this. 

I haven't given it in a couple days & will check the ph's AGAIN.
Hi @msserena. I am not familiar with either of the products you mentioned, so I looked them up. They seem okay to use and I'm sure the powder with a scoop makes it more convenient to administer. The amount of CFUs in those products (1 billion) is much lower than what I give my own cats (15-25 billion), but some might say I'm overdoing it.

I do not have any experience with additives raising urine pH, but the possibility doesn't surprise me. Magnesium stearate is an additive used to help with flow. It's difficult to find a product without some type of flow agent, and different brands use different ones or a combination of a few, such as potato starch, rice flour, cellulose and/or silica. The one I like to avoid for my pancreatitis kitty is dicalcium phosphate.