TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
love rose gold .... thou my fav pieces are rose, white and yellow gold in one

sandtigress

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm severely allergic to cheap metal, so at the very least I have to wear sterling silver. Its not even a purely nickel allergy - even the nickel free stuff still makes me break out in a rash at the least, or creates open sores at the worst. Even my glasses are made out of titanium!

Luckily I like silver/white gold a lot, and silver isn't usually priced beyond what I can afford. The only gold I wear now is my college ring, but I have a really pretty 24k necklace and pendant that my dad got for me on one of our trips to Hong Kong. It has a tiger stalking through bamboo on it - very cool!

forensic

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by vampcow

For wearing...I like silver or white gold. For rings I like Platinum since I like the silver color and I am very rough on rings.

I'm not a huge fan of yellow gold but will wear it if the piece is beautiful.

FOR my instrument....I have a Silver flute...but I am DREAMING of a Gold one...or ROSE Gold...not only do they LOOK pretty they SOUND Amazing...

And they do make them in Platinum but they are just ridiciously expensive and sound terrible...the same with Titanium...looks awesome (whoo can get a purple flute) but sounds awful.

but the gold ones are super expensive.
Girl I played in band with had a gold mouthpiece on her flute... on account of breaking out from the silver... But I've never seen an entirely gold flute!

weldrwomn

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by KittKatt

What is that?
I've never heard of it.

I can't wear any of that "cheap" stuff, but if it's something that layered in gold, platinum, etc., I can get away with it - if it's got enough layering, that is.

Thankfully, I'm not allergic to titanium, b/c that's what they used for the "screws" in my back!
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tungsten

I am fond of tungsten and titanium (probably because I am a welder). The main problem with tungsten rings is that I have heard that paramedics and other emergency workers have an extremely difficult time cutting these tungsten rings off your fingers wherease gold is very easy to cut.

I also like silver and gold

ladylonewolf

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I absolutely love silver.
I don't know what it is about gold that I don't like, but I just don't think it looks right on me.