Which Of This Cat Food Is Better?

wera

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Adult with Wild Hare

Adult Rich in Chicken

Adult with Anchovies

My cat is currently eating renal wet because of kidney stones but he is under medication for dissolving of stones for 2 months now. So far he has improved a lot. His medication is really good. Physically, he is looking good and looks very happy. He is scheduled for ultrasound again on dec 24. I just want to feed him dry occassionally once his stone is removed and which of this is better? Bwild hare or anchovies or Monge Adult Chicken. I will give him mostly wet food and dry food occasionally. I've read about giving wet food more than dry and will give wet mostly just want to ask which from this 3 is better?

cheesycats

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I would avoid fish in general. As for the other two they look super carb heavy. Too many grains. Is there anything grain free you can get in our area? With meat as the first three ingredients?

abyeb

Charlie's Purrson
Veteran
Purraise
I think the wild hare looks to be the best. The chicken has more rice than the other two. Cats are obligate carnivores so they don't need grains, and so lots of cat owners feed grain-free, so that's why I think the food with less grains is better. Meat is generally preferred to fish as the main protein for cats because fish can contain mercury.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

wera

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
There are gran free dry which is orijen and taste of the wild but the protein is 40 percent. Vet said avoid high protein. But I will give him dry occassionally only when no more stones is there. His food for now is K/d wet only with added water. I will still give him wet food as the main food. If there is no more stones can I feed him high protein diet? For the wet food we have fancy feast classics but all are fish fish flavors. Monge wet food and kitcat has Fructo oligosaccharide they said it can trigger calcium oxalate stones. If you think hare is the best choice I'll get that instead. Whiskas is tuna and low quality. Lechat wet food has lots of non fish flavor but also has carbs

Last edited:
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

wera

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Is the Bwild Wild Hare salt content are none or limited? Are this ingredients have low salt content?

Hare (fresh 15%, dehydrated 35%), yellow peas, tapioca starch, animal fat (chicken oil fat content 99.5%, preserved with natural antioxidants), rice, oats, beet pulp, hydrolysed animal proteins, brewer’s yeast (source of MOS and vitamin B12), whole egg powder (1%, rich in complete proteins), flax seeds (1%), dehydrated carrots (1%), dehydrated tomatoes (1%), insoluble pea fibre, taurine, XOS (xylo-oligosaccharides 3 g/kg), yucca schidigera, pineapple stem, dehydrated blueberries, dehydrated cranberries, dehydrated raspberries.

Crude Protein 35.00%, Crude Oils and Fats 18.00%, Crude Fibre 2.50%, Crude Ash 7.00%, Calcium 1.10%, Phosphorus 0.80%, Omega 6 Essential Fatty Acids 8.00%, Omega 3 Essential Fatty Acids 0.95%, Metabolisable Energy 4,150 kcal/kg.

Nutritional Additives/kg: Vitamin A 26,000 IU, Vitamin D3 1,200 IU, Vitamin E 470 mg, Vitamin B1 13 mg, Vitamin B2 14 mg, Vitamin B6 12 mg, Vitamin B12 8 mg, Biotin 0.3 mg, Niacin 0.75 mg, Vitamin C 200 mg, Pantothenic Acid 10 mg, Folic Acid 2.60 mg, Choline Chloride 3,600 mg, Inositol 13 mg, E5 Manganous Sulphate Monohydrate 32 mg, E6 Zinc Oxide 150 mg, E4 Copper Sulphate Pentahydrate 13 mg, E1 Iron Sulphate Monohydrate 110 mg, E8 Sodium Selenite 0.20 mg, E2 Calcium Iodate 1.80 mg, L-Carnitine 550 mg, DL-methionine technically pure 10 g, Taurine 0.26%.

JamesCalifornia

Mr.Mom to a house of cats 😇😼
Top Cat
Purraise
~ Any wet food is high moisture and lower in protein. I hear a lot of warnings about too much dry food - even if it's grain free . Are you giving kitty subdermal saline hydration ?