Which kind of dry Cat food do you use?

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by jlphilli

sweatereyes---check out www.catinfo.org to learn how to determine the difference between quality/low quality foods
that is a great site.. also high end food isnt often that expensive... Zoey eats like she was double her size and the most her dry cost was 20 a month now it is about 10 without less quality...

Do you know how to search on here??? if not just say and i will Pm you some links

crt

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I am currently switching from Nutro weight management dry to Evo because my male cat Brandon will not eat wet food and he needs to loose a couple of pounds. I'm hoping that the lower carbs in Evo will help.

jlphilli

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Crt

I am currently switching from Nutro weight management dry to Evo because my male cat Brandon will not eat wet food and he needs to loose a couple of pounds. I'm hoping that the lower carbs in Evo will help.
Just a for-warning....Tigger gained ALOT of weight on EVO, which is why I had to put him on a Light food, lol.

tiffanyjbt

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
My understanding is that EVO has a very high fat content. Thats just hearsay though...

reddicequeen

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I needed a food that both the kitten and *the big cat* could both eat. Poor Remy the big cat, he has a sensitive stomach. EVERYTHING makes him throw up or have loose stool. EvO was the worst offender. I now have them on Natural instinct wet by healthypetnet.com and for dry free feeding I use Felidae. First one he hasnt thrown up and the ingredients are great. Both of them have wonderful coats since they have been eating the Felidae.
I guess the important thing is to get the best ingredients and hope your cats will eat it!

moggiegirl

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
California Natural Dry food as the dry staple, although I occasionally mix in something else like Natural Balance and currently Foster and Smith.

For canned food I've stopped buying the Purina Pro-plan and am now feeding Wellness and Merrick since those are the wet foods without by-products and artificial ingredients that my cats will eat. They get these:

Merrick Turducken
Merrick Thanksgiving Dinner
Merrick Chicken Pot Pie

Wellness Chicken
Wellness Chicken and Lobster
Wellness Chicken and Herring
Wellness Turkey and Salmon
Wellness Tuna, Crab and Shrimp

For a special treat they occasionally get PetGold Tuna and Crab Surimi or Tuna and Shrimp. My cats also eat the PetGold Chicken and Liver.

My cats do not like canned Innova or Evo unfortunately because if they did like that that would be their wet food staple. They also don't like the wet Natural Balance, too bland for them.

mamakitties

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by sharky

I have used Nutro and would again if Zoey gets over her sensitivitys ... She currently eats Felidea but I dont like the results and am looking for something else I am thinking castor and polluck or timberwolf organics...
Can you tell me why you didn't like the results of Felidea? I'm still in search of an adult cat food for my cats, soon to be 1 year old in May. I think Daisy is allergic to corn (last time she got into the pantry and ripped a bag of corn meal) and she didn't look well that night so I kept her close to me at all time. Since the Vet was closed I had to wait until next day but by then she was all better again so I never found out whether she is or not but I'm not going to take any chances.

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by MamaKitties

Can you tell me why you didn't like the results of Felidea? I'm still in search of an adult cat food for my cats, soon to be 1 year old in May. I think Daisy is allergic to corn (last time she got into the pantry and ripped a bag of corn meal) and she didn't look well that night so I kept her close to me at all time. Since the Vet was closed I had to wait until next day but by then she was all better again so I never found out whether she is or not but I'm not going to take any chances.
Her coat is not as good as it was on the Nutro and she eats more of the Felidea( less calories)... I think felidea is a good food just not right for my Zoey... WE are retrying the nutro and I will see...

tanjkn3

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
we alternate between Royal Canin, Nutro Natural, and Chicken Soup

jokieman

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by scoot

I have always used Science diet on my cats and never had a problem. I was talking to a friend tonight and she said that there are a lot of Bio products in the SD and that I should use Nutro? I am wondering your options on Cat food brands.
We tried switching our cat from the regular Purina indoor formula to nutro but he got the runs from it, so we just bought Purina Naturals (Chicken with Oatmeal instead of brewers rice) and we're hoping he takes to that better than the Nutro. I also like the cranberries in the natural as it should increase the urine acidity a bit to help prevent UTI's and Crystal formations. Here's to hoping.

We were going to go with the Purina One Adult cat food (You know, I noticed that all the other Purina One's kind of had crappy ingredients. this was the only one that had a decent ingredient list) but the Brewers Rice scared us off of it.

Our cat seems like he will eat anything, even if it upsets his stomach a bit later or gives him the runs. hehe.