Which is "chattier"?

emmysamson

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Both of my male cats meow very little. But, my female, Emmy, never shuts up!
She meows all the time. (But she is just like her Meowmy...I never shut up, either.
)
So, it got me to wondering....are female cats more "chatty"?

zissou'smom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have only one, so I'm biased, but I voted girl. This is an interesting thread.

miagi's_mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm the chattiest in my house.
My kitties are both boys and they are both chatty. Miagi is all the time but Tiger is when he wants me to wake up

h~chan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We only have one male with our three girls, but the girls are definitely the talkers..

satai

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have two chatters, 1 girl, 1 boy, and 2 quiet girls.

ETA: no sure it counts as chatting - usually they are placing demands rather than conversing, as such.

oscarsmommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oscar is EXTREMELY chatty for a boy! He looooooooves to talk to us and boy, does it get overdone
He is very dramatic

lisalee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sash is a very chatty little boy. Boy, can that boy be demanding when he want's something!
I've been calling him "mouthy" lately.

pami

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by lisalee

Sash is a very chatty little boy. Boy, can that boy be demanding when he want's something! I've been calling him "mouthy" lately.
hilarious.

I have a 2 boys and a girl that talk A LOT !! One of them Im going to put a muzzle on ...just kidding..... Last night I was calling to doo doo (Ducky) and Laura kept saying "meow" and I said "Im talking to doo doo" she said, "meow" after this went back and forth FOREVER I finally figured out she wants me to call her doo doo, too

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

emmysamson

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Pami

I finally figured out she wants me to call her doo doo, too
too funny.

catloverin_ks

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My females(Abby and Lilly espically) are the chattiest!!
Man oh man can they make some noise!!
My boys-well Sherman anyways is so quiet, he hardly ever makes a peep, unless hes on his way to the vets....lol.

tavia'smom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well I only have one kitty and she's a girl. But she is very chatty. Especially at breakfast time. But sometimes she will sit and wail like a cat in heat and she's been spayed for a LONG time now. She will also chirp a bit when I am petting her and if I am on the telephone she comes and sits on my chest and meows. And everyone who talks on the telephone is like hello Tavia. They all think she's such a little dollbaby but a chatty one.

eburgess

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I voted Male but I only have males..... My FH's 2 females talk alot too.

crazy4cats28

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
My 3 girls talk a lot more than my 2 males. Both boys and one female were former ferals or stray so I just figures that was the reason. Since they adopted us they all started talking a lot more. I don't think they will ever be as chatty as Princess and Patsy though.

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
At the moment I have all girls, of whom Cindy is the chatty one, paws down. Fawn squeaks, and Suzy talks if we're not paying enough attention, but she's not an attention seeker, so that has to be pretty serious.

Of my RB kitties, Shasta (girl) was mouthy, Samantha (girl) was mouthier (my little Drama Queen), Gryphon (boy) relied more on a soft paw on the leg to get attention, and Nibs (boy) was a mouthy Siamese. So I think it kind of averages out in my experience, but I voted based on the current situation.