Which (if any) "Forum Skin" are you using?

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Zissou'sMom

I use the 'name me' one too!

Just to point out-- alot of the colors people have been choosing for their names and in some cases posts completely disappear in some of the skins. That and in my browser some of the special effects don't show up at all.

And it really is called 'Ocean Mew' in the menu.

You can also change the skin just by using the drop-down menu in the bottom left corner of every single page in the forum. That way you can see what it looks like right away and it's easier to change.
I've been finding that a problem, too. I used "Ocean Mew" for ages, but have now settled on "Default Grey" as the easiest on my middle-aged eyes.
I prefer browsers other than IE for security reasons, but find that I can't see a lot of the changes subscribers make to their user names/titles, such as "glows" or shadows".

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by jcat

I've been finding that a problem, too. I used "Ocean Mew" for ages, but have now settled on "Default Grey" as the easiest on my middle-aged eyes.
I prefer browsers other than IE for security reasons, but find that I can't see a lot of the changes subscribers make to their user names/titles, such as "glows" or shadows".
Ditto -- all the way. I also like the vB Default Grey because it fits perfectly with the general colour scheme I have on my computers. But then I chose THAT for the same reason.

EnzoLeya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The name-me one. I just love the purple colors and I think it looks the best. Some of the other ones look pretty cheap.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

carolpetunia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by adymarie

The only one that doesn't hurt my eyes is the default one!
Everybody's eyes respond differently, I think. For me, all the backgrounds are blindingly bright except for Night Vision. (Well, Red Tabbies would be a perfectly fine level of brightness, except that it's red and pink. Together!
)

Hey... maybe I'll invent a utility that will allow users to adjust website color schemes to suit their own tastes! Yeeaaaahhh, that's the ticket! And I'll market it online and get rich... or maybe sell it to Google and get rich even quicker...

...As soon as I learn how to create a utility.