Which Gemstone Is Your Favorite?

addiebee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Tari

Diamonds are my favorite, but I also love pearls (especially the south seas colored pearls). My birthstone is the peridot, but I don't much like it.
See - peridot is beautiful if you get a GOOD one - a lovely deep shade of new grass green! Most of the lower end ones don't have good color.

I am a gemstone GEEK! I have been interested since I was a little girl and helped purchase my first piece of jewelry from birthday money. I still have that pendant - a Victorian-era lavalier -- rose gold, amethyst and seed pearls.

I don't have a fave, tho' ruby is my birthstone. I only have a couple of small ones.

addiebee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Graciecat

Topaz is my birthstone and I don't like it.
I LOVE emeralds and opals.
Citrine is the alternate stone for November, Graciecat and again, if you get a good one- golden or madeira, they are beautiful sunny golden orange or reddish brown.

essayons89

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My GF's birthstone is garnet, I think the dark/deep reds look really sharp. My mom's birthstone is emerald, my sister's is turquoise.

chelle

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Emeralds...it's my birthstone plus i have always loved color.
I have gobs of Emerald rings and earrings

strange_wings

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm really not that fond of precious gemstones.
Sapphire is ok, I guess.
I really like the semi precious or even very regular stones... or anything that catches my eye.
I like onyx in jewelry.

Originally Posted by KittKatt

I also love abalone jewelry - even though I realize abalone isn't a gemstone.
I have several abalone shells *looks left, right, and under desk* ...around here somewhere. Oh! I put them under DH's desk!

I have absolutely no idea what to do with them. If anyone has ideas that doesn't involve buying a bunch of expensive equipment to work them, I'm open to suggestions.

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
black opals are my favorite, altho i don't have any
i also like diamonds, emeralds, garnets & amethysts [the last are also my birthstone].

glitch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Opals are my favorite, and theres an old wives tale that I like that says anyone who doesn't have an opal for a birthstone and wears one will have bad luck whenever they wear the ring! My mom borrowed it from me and she had bad luck, but that could just be a coicidence!

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by glitch

Opals are my favorite, and theres an old wives tale that I like that says anyone who doesn't have an opal for a birthstone and wears one will have bad luck whenever they wear the ring! My mom borrowed it from me and she had bad luck, but that could just be a coicidence!
i think so, 'cause it's never been a problem for me!