Which Breed is for me?

cjh27

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Amateur

Wow , I will think about getting two cats instead of one. You all have very nice experience with two kittens.

But still since it will be my first cat I am in favour of a single kitten. Is it a good idea to bring the second cat after sime time I get my first kitten?
Hi,

if I were you I'd try to get both cats around the same time. Simply because a little kitten is 100% made for play and miscief
and and I think its sad if a kitten doesn't have a feline play mate, especially if you're thinking of having two cats anyway.

I really like the idea of getting one shelter kitty and one from a breeder

You may consider getting two boys or two girls- for one boys play a bit wilder so they tend to get on better then a mixed duo and even more important: you can wait a bit longer with having them neutered because there'd be no fear of an unwanted pergnancy

By the way- have you looked into how to recognize a good breeder?

Two kitties aren't more work then one, as they can keep each other company and are so much fun to watch

regards,

Christine

epona

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've got 3 cats, all at different times - their ages now are 3 years, 2.5 years, and 2 years. I got the eldest one first as a kitten, then the middle one when he was a kitten and the eldest one was an older kitten verging on cat-hood. The youngest one I got at 1 year old.

I know some people have tales of joy about introducing cats, but every single one of my introductions, despite following good advice and despite the cats being still young, has been a complete nightmare and in each case it has taken weeks if not months to settle down and copious amounts of Feliway and Rescue Remedy, which ain't cheap.

I have sworn that in future I will get kittens and introduce them into their new home together rather than introducing into another cat's established territory at a later date. I NEVER want to go through it again, and none of my cats have enjoyed the experience either, at least not initially - and it's just not worth the hassle unless you really have to do it that way.

Getting 2 at the same time is an absolute breeze in comparison - cats are very territorial, and once one owns a particular space there is always that risk of major upset.

izzynash

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I just adore the sphynx breed, I have 3 two queens and the lucky stud, In my opion you cant get a better bred, but they do need alot of attention!

GoldyCat

Staff Member
Purraise
I just adore the sphynx breed, I have 3 two queens and the lucky stud, In my opion you cant get a better bred, but they do need alot of attention!
Note that this thread is almost 2 years old.