Whew, voting is hard!

katachtig

Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
Originally Posted by jane_vernon

Wow - I'm glad in Australia you can vote from whereever you are - You don't have to go to one particular place to vote!
They tried that here in one county last year. But the places were overwhelmed and it took hours for people to vote. I believe they are going back to specific precincts this year.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by katachtig

They tried that here in one county last year. But the places were overwhelmed and it took hours for people to vote. I believe they are going back to specific precincts this year.
But that's what is also good. It's always on a Saturday. So most people weren't working, and you could just potter about doing your regular Saturday stuff, and if you see a fairly quiet polling place, you'd just go there.

EnzoLeya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I know how you feel!!!! I just started my Jr. year at the University of Iowa and no one seems to know what the heck is going on there!!! I ended up back tracking and walking nearly 3 miles that day because no one knew where I was supposed to go!
and it was snowy Iowa winter on top of that!!!!

Next time.....you should be able to go online to your local weather station and they will have you and your voting district on their website. That's what I did.

jane_vernon

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
No wonder so many people don't vote!!

If I had to go to all that trouble, I probably wouldn't bother - I mean, if they want people to take an interest and get involved, you have to make the process as easy as possible.

Not to mention your campaigns go on for about a year!! I get annoyed enough that ours go for 6 weeks!