Where's your wedding dress?

lillekat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm not married, but I feel I should add. There must be many women who have a wedding gown in the attic, in the box, or in the wardrobe wrapped in silk. Well, I was close to being married. I handmade my dress. The day got cancelled. So I guess I can add something unique....

Mine was officially incinerated. Cut to lots and lots of little bits, soaked in lantern oil and cremated.

And I'm REALLY glad I didn't marry that man!!

libby74

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Mine has been hanging in a closet at my folks' house for 32 years. I didn't like it when they bought it, and obviously I still don't. I got it on clearance at a shop going out of business; had a choice of 2 in my size. I could have gotten a gorgeous, full-skirted, low cut "Scarlett O'Hara" type dress or a plain empire-waisted, Juliet sleeved, high-necked dress. Both were the same price. My folks were afraid the low-cut dress would upset the priest, so we got the other one
Speaking of the priest, he also refused to let me have any of the songs I'd picked for the soloist, and didn't inform me until the day before the wedding!

Thankfully, I managed to get the groom I wanted!

tari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Mine's in the top of the closet in the box it came back in after I had it cleaned and preserved. I'm not sure if I'll ever wear it again. My niece keeps telling me she wants to wear it when she gets married, but she's 10...she has plenty of time to change her mind.

jennyr

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, mine was destroyed by my first husband with his fencing sword after I left him! He stabbed it many times as it hung in the closet. The second time around, I didn't have a special dress. Just as well, as that ended too.

darkeyedgirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Mine's in a canvas storage bag underneath our bed.

I just had it on yesterday! My hubby is a photographer, so he helped strap me into the gown and took some shots of me outside in our yard. Got some really great shots of me and my dog Barney!

We plan on having one more photo session of me in the dress, then I'll just put it back in the canvas bag under the bed again. I do not plan on wasting hundreds of dollars to have it 'preserved' when no one else on this planet will wear it again!

I'm keeping it simply cuz it's a great memory. I do have a daughter but she is built like her dad and will never ever fit into a dress as tiny as my gown.

littleraven7726

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
mine is hanging in the closet. i keep meaning to clean it and donate it. mine was technically a "prom"/formal dress. but the style is one i've seen in wedding magazines for over 7x what i paid for it in the years after we married. it was under $100 when i bought it.

mine is also not a heavy dress, so i don't think i have to worry about the weight pulling it down while hanging.

maddensmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Mines hanging in the back of the closet too. I can't decide what to do with it.

As for my mothers.....it was burned after her divorce!

(I at least managed to save their wedding pictures)